PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Renken

mdccclxix
06-09-2011, 12:37 AM
3.31 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 10.3 K/9, 2.6 BB/9, 75 k/19 bb, 65 IP

What's up with this guy?

I haven't heard anything about him. He's only 21 and really doing well in Dayton. 25th rounder last year.

RED VAN HOT
06-09-2011, 01:15 AM
3.31 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 10.3 K/9, 2.6 BB/9, 75 k/19 bb, 65 IP

What's up with this guy?

I haven't heard anything about him. He's only 21 and really doing well in Dayton. 25th rounder last year.

BA America has his fast ball in the 88-91 range with good secondary pitches, good command, and a funky delivery (not violent, just unusual). IMO he should be the leading candidate for promotion to A+, even before Corcino and Smith. He is an experienced college starter from a good program who gets a lot of ground balls and seems to be improving as the season progresses. The K's are surprising. I am curious about whether the Reds have made any changes that have increased his velocity.

redsof72
06-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Velocity is about what you have there. I would think Smith goes up no later than the all-star break and Renken either at the same time or shortly thereafter. That is just a guess. Lotzkar takes a spot in Dayton. Rogers could become a starter if they want to go that route. Not sure exactly how far away Jacob Johnson is but I don't think he is real close.

icehole3
06-09-2011, 05:28 AM
reminds me of Leake, can make his fastball move pretty good :)

lollipopcurve
06-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Not sure exactly how far away Jacob Johnson is but I don't think he is real close.

72, do you the issue with Johnson?

RED VAN HOT
08-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Bump

After being sidetracked in the pitching Siberia of Bakersfield for a year +, he has resumed posting good numbers. H/9 and K/9 both are 7.4 this year. Can anyone who has seen him this year comment on what he is throwing? Is he a fly ball pitcher (Bakersfield stats)? Is he a legit candidate for a back end of the rotation starter down the line?

icehole3
08-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Bump

After being sidetracked in the pitching Siberia of Bakersfield for a year +, he has resumed posting good numbers. H/9 and K/9 both are 7.4 this year. Can anyone who has seen him this year comment on what he is throwing? Is he a fly ball pitcher (Bakersfield stats)? Is he a legit candidate for a back end of the rotation starter down the line?

havent seen him in a few years but what I saw was very much like Leake, he has all the off speed stuff and his fastball moves like crazy

dougdirt
08-02-2013, 04:47 PM
I still think he winds up a reliever. Has enough pitches and on a real bad team he would probably make it as a #5 starter, but the Reds have a lot of big arms that put him pretty far down the depth chart. He leans toward a fly ball guy, but it isn't extreme.

RED VAN HOT
08-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks, all. I was hoping he had picked up a little speed, but good movement at 89-90 is not bad. It just leaves less margin for error in location.