PDA

View Full Version : Chapman scenario

cinreds21
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
I posted this in the ORG but I thought I'd post it here too.

Lefty Aroldis Chapman has eight days left of rehab eligibility. He will make his fourth Double-A appearance Wednesday night in Tennessee. His control is "better" but still not what the Reds want I would guess. I would guess he'd make onemore appearances after Wednesday for the Mudcats. (The Mudcats go on break after Saturday.) There is a chance he gets optioned to the minors once next his time is up. However, if he dominates in his next appearance(s) for the Mudcats, then they will activate him.

JaxRed
06-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Then I hope he doesn't dominate. He needs to spend some serious time in the minors.

muddie
06-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Am I wrong in thinking he needs to have access to Ted Power? It is my impression that this is where he made the most progess last year. Power has a history with Chapman. Tom Brown, the Mudcats pitching coach, doesn't to my knowledge. He is improving but I would have believed beforehand that the AA appearances are going to be less beneficial to him in that he is learning the staff here and vice versa. Just thinking out loud...

Benihana
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Make. Him. A. Starter.

Pleasethankyougoodnight.

RiverRat13
06-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Make. Him. A. Starter.

Pleasethankyougoodnight.

:thumbup:

GOYA
06-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Am I wrong in thinking he needs to have access to Ted Power?

It is worth a shot, IMO. Chapman had his best consistency after working with Power but there's no guarantee it was because of Power. Another thing to consider is that Price has made an adjustment to Chapman's delivery. It could be that that tweak needs to be undone.