PDA

View Full Version : Cueto's new delivery

jhiller21
06-15-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm sure a lot of you have noticed Johnny Cueto's pitching delivery has changed a bit the last couple starts. He's now rotating back further, keeping his leg kick in tight, and pausing at the back of his delivery.

It seems to be working for him. I wish I had video from last year to compare it to, but you can see a pretty big difference from the old delivery where he was flying open and throwing across his body.

Also, his velocity in his last start was the best I've seen from him, hitting 95-96 consistently. Congrats to Bryan Price, I've never seen a pitcher alter his delivery mid-season before.

Stray
06-16-2011, 12:46 AM
They asked Dusty about that on the pregame on WLW. He said it was something that Cueto has experimented with and is doing all on his own, not from the instruction of coaches. I agree though, it adds more deception and with his stuff that's a great combo.

Spaxspore
06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
his new delivery reminds me SOOO much of the freaks (timmy's).

He is sure pitching like one to..

bigredmechanism
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
^ Yup. He battled and won against a pretty solid pitcher in Kershaw. He is getting better each year.

Spaxspore
06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
his stuff is sick. For me he is what edision could become, mentally as well as ability.

Why do i say this?

1. Look at that run down play yesterday, he knew where he had to be and was there, and busted his behind to get the runner in the pick off. He plays like he cares.

now compare that with Edison expeditions around the base paths in the giants game. (not going to 3rd on the double by stubbs which became a single), getting doubled up at 2nd. Acting like he didnt care, and ticking off team mates who did (votto).

2. Gets into trouble, battles. Doesnt loose composure, keeps pounding away.

Edison, control is better but he goes south its usually terminal.

I think 99% of Edison is mental, he gets his head in the game he will be just as good as Johnny.