PDA

View Full Version : Heisey

frenetic wave
06-16-2011, 04:35 AM
I was at the game today. He hit the ball well- a few rockets right at the outfielders. His at bats were a lot better than his 0 for 5 looks in the box score. I'd keep him in there as long as he keeps making solid contact.

izzy's dad
06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree, I want to see him in the lineup at least until the All Star break. At that time Walt will know exactly what he has, and if a move is needed.

Spaxspore
06-16-2011, 11:38 AM
yea, he has ups and downs as any player. I want to see him for an extended period (4-6wks) and see what he can do.

Kiss the Baby00
06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
agreeeeee. I think he should get the majority of playing time in LF. Gomes kills lefties so I am ok with him playing vs LHP. DFA Renteria and Lewis. Promote Cozart and JFran. in my opinion of course.

izzy's dad
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM
agreeeeee. I think he should get the majority of playing time in LF. Gomes kills lefties so I am ok with him playing vs LHP. DFA Renteria and Lewis. Promote Cozart and JFran. in my opinion of course.

This is the gospel truth! Preach preacha!

tobttr
06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
I was at the game today. He hit the ball well- a few rockets right at the outfielders. His at bats were a lot better than his 0 for 5 looks in the box score. I'd keep him in there as long as he keeps making solid contact.

Completely agree, but it brings up a couple of questions...
1. What does Heisey have to do to play his way into the lineup?
2. What does Gomes have to do to play his way OUT of the lineup?

bounty37h
06-17-2011, 11:16 AM

I'm cool with all that other than JFran; if they bring him up tell him to just grab his bat and leave his glove in Lville, he wont ever need it in MLB.

mikemo14
06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Heisey went 0-5 Wednesday. Looked pretty good the two nights before and the team won all three games. Dusty may not start him for a week now. I wonder how Stubbs would respond to that kind of mishandling. Heisey should play left and lead off each night. put Stubbs in between Votto and Bruce for awhile and see what happens.

Kiss the Baby00
06-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Heisey went 0-5 Wednesday. Looked pretty good the two nights before and the team won all three games. Dusty may not start him for a week now. I wonder how Stubbs would respond to that kind of mishandling. Heisey should play left and lead off each night. put Stubbs in between Votto and Bruce for awhile and see what happens.

this is a smart guy

Vottomatic
06-22-2011, 08:51 PM
2 HR's tonight. 3 rbi's. Nice.

Vottomatic
06-22-2011, 10:02 PM
3 Homers now.

The DARK
06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Round of applause for him. It's great to see a kid like him finally getting a breakout game.

TheBigLebowski
06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I hope this keeps him in the lineup more often and that it's a sign of things to come for him offensively. I always liked the guy's talent but, on balance, he's been frustrating in the bigs thus far for the most part. Maybe this is the start of something big.

Reds
06-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Heisey live on Sportscenter, now!