PDA

View Full Version : Pujols sprained wrist, left game...

mroby85
06-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm sure everyone probably already heard about this, but I didn't see a thread. I was wondering if anyone has an idea how much missed time a sprained wrist generally leads to? or are there all different timetables for this injury? They said he'd be evaluated further on Monday, but the way they talked he was in a lot of pain coming off the field.

R_Webb18
06-19-2011, 07:03 PM
im sure it can be lots of things

Vottomatic
06-20-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. :lol:

KYRedLeg
06-20-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. :lol:

Classy.

izzy's dad
06-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Never like to hear about injuries.

Helms1
06-20-2011, 11:02 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6678439

The way that is bent does not look good to me for a quick return. Ouch.

Reds
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/buster-olney-on-albert-pujolss-wrist-a-potentially-history-altering-injury/

Not only did Olney repeatedly compare Pujols’ injury to the career-altering wrist injuries suffered by Cliff Floyd and Derrek Lee, but he also floated the idea that Pujols’ wrist could cause the Cardinals to lower their initial contract offer to the free agent-to-be, which, in Olney’s doomsday scenario, would snowball into Pujols leaving town.

Vottomatic
06-20-2011, 11:56 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/buster-olney-on-albert-pujolss-wrist-a-potentially-history-altering-injury/

Well, my laughing was because I thought he had a minor sprained wrist and would return in a couple of days.

I wouldn't joke about serious injuries.

Razzle
06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, my laughing was because I thought he had a minor sprained wrist and would return in a couple of days.

I wouldn't joke about serious injuries.

From everything I've read about it today, this is what it looks to be. More will be known definitively today after tests are returned, but based on how Pujols said he felt yesterday after the game it appears the team might have dodged a bullet.

Also, Buster Olney is a sensationalist hack.

bounty37h
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM

Would hate it if its that bad-would hurt the value of my auto Bowman rookie I have of his.

Krawhitham
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
out 6 weeks

fracture in left wrist

Who Dey Time
06-20-2011, 01:23 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Albert-Pujols-wrist-injury-fracture-severity-4-6-weeks-062011

According to Rosenthal, Pujols will miss at least 4 weeks with a small fracture in the wrist.

DaytonFlyer
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I didn't think this injury looked as bad as either the Lee or Floyd ones, so I definitely thought Olney was jumping the gun here.

That said, we'll see what happens to the Cards in the meantime... I would prefer that this sends them into an irretrievable tailspin, but doubt that will be the case.

This also means Albert won't be in the lineup for the July 4th series.

But as much as I dislike the Cards, I am glad this was not a Floyd/Lee level injury.

Razzle
06-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Ugh. At least it looks like the forearm is where the fracture is and not the wrist. This team has been snakebitten with injuries this year.

Vottomatic
06-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Opens up an All Star spot for Votto. :D

Probably sends a message to Walt and Bob that they can back into the playoffs now and have to do nothing to improve the team. What they should do is smell blood, make a few moves either by farm system or trade, and finish this thing strong.

wlf WV
06-20-2011, 01:47 PM
I think a wrist injury is what sabotaged Kearns.He has never been the same.Tough injury for a hitter.Hope for the best.Amazing,the ad above my posting box is for a wrist brace.What is that!Very weird coincidence..

Vottomatic
06-20-2011, 01:53 PM
I think a wrist injury is what sabotaged Kearns.He has never been the same.Tough injury for a hitter.Hope for the best.Amazing,the ad above my posting box is for a wrist brace.What is that!Very weird coincidence..

Tony Larussa saw that ad and has already called Redszone moderators and asked them to take it down. ;)

mroby85
06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm just going to be honest, i'm happy that Pujols is out 4-6 weeks. It's not politically correct to say, but it helps the Reds. Also, St. Louis is a bunch of complete punks. They're exactly what Phillips said about them, and I don't feel bad for them at all. I don't really dislike Pujols, but it still effects people negatively who do, like Chris Carpenter, Tony Larussa, etc.

bigredmechanism
06-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm just going to be honest, i'm happy that Pujols is out 4-6 weeks. It's not politically correct to say, but it helps the Reds. Also, St. Louis is a bunch of complete punks. They're exactly what Phillips said about them, and I don't feel bad for them at all. I don't really dislike Pujols, but it still effects people negatively who do, like Chris Carpenter, Tony Larussa, etc.

I don't care for the Cardinals either, but I find it extremely difficult to hate Pujols. He's class.

I won't miss him for the next 4-6 weeks, though.

wlf WV
06-20-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't care for the Cardinals either, but I find it extremely difficult to hate Pujols. He's class.

I won't miss him for the next 4-6 weeks, though.

I agree.

izzy's dad
06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Tony Larussa saw that ad and has already called Redszone moderators and asked them to take it down. ;)

This is not all that unbelievable.

bigredmechanism
06-20-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm surprised Tony hasn't blamed Betancourt (he was the baserunner, right?) for running inside the baseline yet.

Krawhitham
06-20-2011, 03:17 PM
So was Gomes seen signing in the clubhouse again?

Helms1
06-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Ugh. At least it looks like the forearm is where the fracture is and not the wrist. This team has been snakebitten with injuries this year.

Have you seen this posted somewhere, not doubting it but it would be interesting to know? I, too, do not want to see him hurt in any serious way.

bounty37h
06-20-2011, 03:24 PM
From everything I've read about it today, this is what it looks to be. More will be known definitively today after tests are returned, but based on how Pujols said he felt yesterday after the game it appears the team might have dodged a bullet.

Also, Buster Olney is a sensationalist hack.

Tony says you owe Buster an apology or you cant watch them play anymore this season.

Helms1
06-20-2011, 04:59 PM
The team announced the results of an MRI and CT scan Monday, a day after Pujols was injured during a home game against Kansas City. The team said Pujols has a non-displaced fracture of his left radius and his arm is in a splint.

Non displaced Colles fracture should heal completely without long term ramifications, but 4-6 weeks seems fast to me. More like 8 weeks to be able to swing a bat like he does.

Razzle
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm surprised Tony hasn't blamed Betancourt (he was the baserunner, right?) for running inside the baseline yet.

It was Wison Betemit and I'm not sure if it was just that instance of Pujols getting injured or Cardinals players getting pitched up and in all weekend or nothing intentional at all, but later in this game Brian Tallet threw a ball behind Alex Gordon and then hit him in the back on the next pitch. It was either intentional or Tallet has the worst control ever, both very possible. If that was ordered by LaRussa up by one to lead off the top of the seventh with a hurt and tired pen then he's even worse than even I think.

Razzle
06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Tony says you owe Buster an apology or you cant watch them play anymore this season.

Ha, it wasn't at all that he was speculating on the injury, that didn't bother me. The whole issue with the injury being the death of any chance the Cards had of signing him was what bothered me. I don't think the likelihood of the Cards signing him has changed at all over the past couple of days. I still feel it's not likely, but the injury didn't change my outlook on resigning him at all. And I'll promise to apologize to LaRussa if he goes away. :p