PDA

View Full Version : Well thats a head scratcher

mrherd05
06-20-2011, 09:56 PM
...or is it? This is dusty..

Renteria batting for the catcher, Ramon for the shortstop..

Ramon should have gotten that at bat.

What a moron. Swear i hate the crusty ole ******

:laugh:

Who Dey Time
06-20-2011, 10:28 PM

You needed two hits in that scenario anyways. Unless, you were counting on the home run to tie and, if that's the case, it should have been Gomes.

You're complaint doesn't hold much water, IMO.

goreds18
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM

I didn't personally hear it but supposedly after the game he hit Renteria because he was 3-9 against Rivera. But if he's going off that logic, why not hit Hernandez who is 6-20 in his lifetime?

I thought it was bad Dusty didn't pinch hit Ramon the other day for Hanigan...I'm lost for words with this move though.

mrherd05
06-20-2011, 10:36 PM
We play in a bandbox, and Ramon has power. Period, my argument holds plenty of water.

goreds18
06-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Exactly, and if people are going to say it's going to take a couple hits, then I would much rather see Cairo. I don't care if Cairo is 1-6 against Rivera. I would feel 100% more confident with Miguel up than Edgar frickin Renteria.

mrherd05
06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
I agree with that as well.

Who Dey Time
06-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Exactly, and if people are going to say it's going to take a couple hits, then I would much rather see Cairo. I don't care if Cairo is 1-6 against Rivera. I would feel 100% more confident with Miguel up than Edgar frickin Renteria.

I would agree with this as well. But if you are playing for a 3-run homer to tie the game, as the OP indicated, you send up Gomes and not Hernandez. Once you decide on a Cairo, Renteria, Hernandez type, you are essentially playing for two hits to tie.

R_Webb18
06-20-2011, 10:46 PM
i thought ramon should of batted also but cmon were losing this game 99% of the tie so u cant rly say thats the reason

goreds18
06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
i thought ramon should of batted also but cmon were losing this game 99% of the tie so u cant rly say thats the reason

I don't think anyone is saying that's the reason why we lost but in baseball all it takes is one swing sometimes.

Is it probable that Ramon or Gomes would have went yard against Rivera? No.

Is it possible that Ramon or Gomes would have went yard against Rivera? Yes.

All I want is my team to have the best chance to win and I don't think many people would agree with Edgar.

But that is definitely not why we lost...

Vottomatic
06-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Dusty stinks.

This team has won despite him.

CrosleyField
06-21-2011, 07:15 AM
DFA Renteria.