PDA

View Full Version : NL Central... ouch

MikeThierry
06-20-2011, 11:19 PM
I was just looking at the standings and this is what all of the NL Central teams have done in the past ten days:

Brewers 5-5
Cards 3-7
Reds 5-5
Pirates 5-5
Cubs 5-5
Astros 3-7

Everyone seems to be going through their version of a June swoon. Do any of you see this trend continuing or will there be a team to break through the pack anytime soon?

OldXOhio
06-20-2011, 11:23 PM
I was just looking at the standings and this is what all of the NL Central teams have done in the past ten days:

Brewers 5-5
Cards 3-7
Reds 5-5
Pirates 5-5
Cubs 5-5
Astros 3-7

Everyone seems to be going through their version of a June swoon. Do any of you see this trend continuing or will there be a team to break through the pack anytime soon?

Until such time that any of the top 3 make a significant move or two, I don't see much changing. None are good enough at this time to go on a sustained run, to the point that they run away. If any team were to do something short of July 31, my pick would be MIL.

Blitz Dorsey
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately, I expect to see the Brewers make their move now. They're healthy and they've got the weapons. Course, they still have Casey McGehee at 3B, so we do have that going for us. But their lineup is still very good with their big four of Braun, Fielder, Hart and Weeks ... and their starting pitching staff is very good with Grienke, Marcum (one of the most-underrated pitchers in MLB), Gallardo, Wolf and Narvesson. And even Axford has settled in nicely as their closer.

Dammit.

RedsManRick
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately, I expect to see the Brewers make their move now. They're healthy and they've got the weapons. Course, they still have Casey McGehee at 3B, so we do have that going for us. But their lineup is still very good with their big four of Braun, Fielder, Hart and Weeks ... and their starting pitching staff is very good with Grienke, Marcum (one of the most-underrated pitchers in MLB), Gallardo, Wolf and Narvesson. And even Axford has settled in nicely as their closer.

Dammit.

One thing about the Brewers is that they have nothing of much value left in the minors; it's possibly the worst in MLB. If they suffer any key injuries, they will not be able to go out and trade for a replacement. If they stay healthy, they're going to be real tough. But if they don't, they could fall quickly.