PDA

View Full Version : Chapman to be optioned to Louisville?

cinreds21
06-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Discuss.

Benihana
06-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Makehimastarter

cumberlandreds
06-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Suprising since he had rave reviews from managment after last night. They must not still trust his control to bring to Cincy though.

Will M
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Makehimastarter

+1

if he isn't going to be a lights out 8th inning reliever in the majors then he needs to be made a starter ASAP. build up his arm so he can pitch some innings in 2012 & 2013.

reds44
06-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah I was all for the reliever thing, but that ship has sailed now. It's time to stop screwing around with him.

top6
06-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Awesome. Really great signing.

I admit I enjoyed Champman mania as much as anyone last year, but this just always seemed to me like a very risky, and very bad move for a small market team to make.

Ghosts of 1990
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Yipee.

Really helping us get those tough wins. But it doesn't matter. Like most Reds fans tell me, it's only June.

RedsManRick
06-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Good. Would like to see him be a starter, but either way, next time he comes up he needs to be ready to stay.

traderumor
06-22-2011, 03:34 PM

I admit I enjoyed Champman mania as much as anyone last year, but this just always seemed to me like a very risky, and very bad move for a small market team to make.

Yipee.

Really helping us get those tough wins. But it doesn't matter. Like most Reds fans tell me, it's only June.I hope you guys don't use Ameritrade to manage your investments. Ride it out, it's not as bad as it seems ;)

Reds/Flyers Fan
06-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Yipee.

Really helping us get those tough wins. But it doesn't matter. Like most Reds fans tell me, it's only June.

They're the same ones who said it's only May. And they'll say it's only July.

Bumstead
06-22-2011, 04:00 PM
They're the same ones who said it's only May. And they'll say it's only July.

I agree, let's panic! We have a team that is being built to be competitive for years. Let's panic cause we are 3 games out in year 2 of a possible 10 year winning stretch. Milwaukee and St. Louis are both flawed teams; they aren't going anywhere.

Time to stretch Chapman out and see if he can become that TOR starter or not. The bullpen thing was temporary from the beginning. I'm glad he is staying in AAA as long as he is being used as a starter.

Bum

RedLegSuperStar
06-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Where is this posted? I have seen reports that he made his final appearance Tuesday..

cinreds21
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Where is this posted? I have seen reports that he made his final appearance Tuesday..

Twitter and on rotoworld. And he had to be activated today and wasn't.

westofyou
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Sandy Koufax sat for 6 years

Nolan Ryan sat and relieved for the Mets

David Cyde drank himself out of the game after he was used and abused.

Tony Cloninger
06-22-2011, 11:19 PM

He has only been here 1 year and what...barely half of another and it's over? No chance he does anything? I was not expecting him to do much this year myself.... talk about giving up way too early on someone.

top6
06-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Sandy Koufax sat for 6 years

Nolan Ryan sat and relieved for the Mets

David Cyde drank himself out of the game after he was used and abused.

Well the Reds only have Chapman for 5 years - or 6 years if he's bad and takes the option. So if he is the next Koufax or Ryan, then all we are doing is paying him $30 million to get him ready to be awesome for the Yankees or Red Sox, and maybe getting a good year or two out of him.

top6
06-23-2011, 12:23 PM
He has only been here 1 year and what...barely half of another and it's over? No chance he does anything? I was not expecting him to do much this year myself.... talk about giving up way too early on someone.

I didn't say there is no chance he does anything. But he is getting paid a lot, so if he isn't productive very soon, then it is a bad deal.

Obviously, if he becomes a TOR guy, and we get 2-3 years of that, then the deal is a success. But there's only 3 years left on the contract after this year, I think, so there isn't a lot of time left for him to learn how to start, build up his arm, and produce up to the level of his contract. I hope that happens, but it just seems to be less and less likely as more time passes.

cinreds21
06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Well nothing has happened. I guess the reports that I read online were wrong. It still could happen, but hasn't yet. My apologies.

RedLegSuperStar
06-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Well nothing has happened. I guess the reports that I read online were wrong. It still could happen, but hasn't yet. My apologies.

Apparently you were miss informed.. He is headed to Baltimore per OBM

cinreds21
06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Apparently you were miss informed.. He is headed to Baltimore per OBM

It wasn't inside info, it was what was on twitter/rotoworld. I guess I can't be right all of the time.