PDA

View Full Version : Reds and the American League

Kc61
06-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Reds just can't beat the American League teams. Their history against the A.L. is poor and this year they are 1-7 so far.

Reds seem to have overcome their inability to win against West Coast NL teams.

Now they have to figure out how to win some interleague games.

I think the AL is better, but still the Reds shouldn't be 1-7.

Thanks for Cairo and Arroyo, former American Leaguers, who gave the Reds their only win.

Could it be that the Reds just get psyched out against AL teams?

Reds/Flyers Fan
06-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Reds just can't beat the American League teams. Their history against the A.L. is poor and this year they are 1-7 so far.

Reds seem to have overcome their inability to win against West Coast NL teams.

Now they have to figure out how to win some interleague games.

I think the AL is better, but still the Reds shouldn't be 1-7.

Thanks for Cairo and Arroyo, former American Leaguers, who gave the Reds their only win.

Could it be that the Reds just get psyched out against AL teams?

They're not going to beat too many teams - AL, NL or AAA - by scoring 1, 2 or 3 runs per game.

Do it against the Padres and Astros and you have a shot. Do it against the Yanks and it's game over.

CrackerJack
06-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah the Yankees are simply going to score 4-5 runs against the Reds' pitching, probably every time out, you need to score more than they do in order to win.

klw
06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Anecdotally it has seemed that the Reds often have problems with pitchers they have not faced before. For example, rookies, journeymen. This would seem to potentially be an issue with AL teams they don't face very often. Just a wild guess but one with probably no basis in reality.

traderumor
06-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Anecdotally it has seemed that the Reds often have problems with pitchers they have not faced before. For example, rookies, journeymen. This would seem to potentially be an issue with AL teams they don't face very often. Just a wild guess but one with probably no basis in reality.I think that is a valid observation. Especially if the unknown pitcher throws a lot of off speed stuff.

MikeThierry
06-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Anecdotally it has seemed that the Reds often have problems with pitchers they have not faced before. For example, rookies, journeymen. This would seem to potentially be an issue with AL teams they don't face very often. Just a wild guess but one with probably no basis in reality.

This seems to be a trend with a lot of teams, not just the Reds. I think it is one of the reasons why Gibson shut down the video room for a while when he took over for the Diamondbacks. The reliance on video has kind of become a crutch for the modern player to fall back on.