PDA

View Full Version : New signed Votto bat...

mroby85
06-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Just thought I would post a pic of the new signed Votto bat I got that just came in.

texasdave
06-23-2011, 12:06 PM
If it has any hits left in it please send it back to Joey.

bounty37h
06-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Sweet sig to have the mvp added in, and very nice case!!!

mroby85
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
@ Bounty- Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised with the bat case, I found a guy online that sells them for $65 and he had really great reviews. It was a lot nicer than I expected for that price.

@TexasDave- If it worked that way, I think i'd send it to Janish, lol.

brm7675
06-23-2011, 07:09 PM
@ Bounty- Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised with the bat case, I found a guy online that sells them for $65 and he had really great reviews. It was a lot nicer than I expected for that price.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but at that price I would be shocked if it is legit. Votto is a very tough autograph to get, and on a bat makes it even more expensive. Votto bobbleheads are going for $50 plus, I would value an autogrpahed bat at a minimum of $100 if not more.

mroby85
06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble, but at that price I would be shocked if it is legit. Votto is a very tough autograph to get, and on a bat makes it even more expensive. Votto bobbleheads are going for $50 plus, I would value an autogrpahed bat at a minimum of $100 if not more.

The bat case is what was $65, not the bat. I agree with you that a lot of auto's aren't legit though. I never buy them unless they have a legit COA with them from somewhere like GAI or cardboard heroes. A lot of the autos on ebay and places like that are obviously fake if you look at the players sigs from legit places like cardboard heroes or upper deck.

brm7675
06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
The bat case is what was $65, not the bat. I agree with you that a lot of auto's aren't legit though. I never buy them unless they have a legit COA with them from somewhere like GAI or cardboard heroes. A lot of the autos on ebay and places like that are obviously fake if you look at the players sigs from legit places like cardboard heroes or upper deck.

Oh okay I thought it was the bat, as for the case that isn't bad and it does sure look sweet.

kwatson0013
06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
i am a sports collector of autographs and never buy one unless i see them sign. I was lucky to get Vottos at a baseball game. For any other collectors, Pete Rose will be signing autographs in Louisville on July 25 for $60

wire2wire90
06-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Got to hold one of the batch of bats destined for Joey at the Louisville Slugger plant tour earlier this year.....felt the power of MVP.

The slump is merely transitory, he'll work out of it. I'm just hoping that if I cursed a particular bat, that it gets broken soon. :(

bounty37h
06-24-2011, 09:04 AM

Can you forward that site to me-thats a really nice case. I have @ 15-20 bats in tubes, but have 2-3 really special ones I would like in a nice case like that. It holds a full size bat anbd looks like a ball in the end? Is there anything securing the ball or just sitting in there? Great score for you!

mroby85
06-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Can you forward that site to me-thats a really nice case. I have @ 15-20 bats in tubes, but have 2-3 really special ones I would like in a nice case like that. It holds a full size bat anbd looks like a ball in the end? Is there anything securing the ball or just sitting in there? Great score for you!

http://www.sfdisplay.com/1baseballandbatdisplaycasecabinetwuvacrylicdoorloc kable.aspx

Here is a link. There is a loose cube type thing the same color of the bat frame that sits on the bottom if the bat is framed vertically. The ball just sits in the cube on the bottom of the frame. You can get Oak, Cherry, Black, or one other color I forget what. I went with Cherry, I thought it looks cool with a black bat/silver sig. It holds a 34 inch bat and ball, or just a 36 inch bat.

bounty37h
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
awesome, thanks man!