PDA

View Full Version : Live at camden yards

membengal
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Nice to have the reds come to me for a change. Outside the park getting ready to head in and there are a lot of reds fans already. Going to all three. Might bring a "free zach cozart" sign tomorrow...

redhawkfish
06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Lucky man! I love Camden Yards, and wish I could be there. Bring home a winner mem!

The Voice of IH
06-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah, that is awesome man! Enjoy!

membengal
06-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Someone is rocking a volquez jersey! Braver than me!

RichRed
06-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I'll be there for the game tomorrow! First trip to Camden Yards in about 15 years.

Joseph
06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Have a great time Big A.

LincolnparkRed
06-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Great park. I will be in DC just in time for the all star break. No nats or O's to see

HeatherC1212
06-24-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm insanely envious right now! I wish I was there this weekend. I love Camden Yards and I was looking forward to going there this season (things didn't work out for me). Represent our Reds well down there! :D

membengal
06-24-2011, 08:40 PM
By orioles standards, a really good sized crowd here. Fireworks night. Looks about 80% full.

membengal
06-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Actually prob close to a sellout crowd. Rare of late in baltimore.

Not so random pitching change observation...orioles fans love them some YMCA.

membengal
06-25-2011, 01:07 PM
It was indeed a sellout last night. First here since opening day. Reds nation a large part of that from what I saw in the park.

And now hundreds of reds fans out and about in the inner harbor area. Nice to see the reds shirts and hats everywhere.

Edd Roush
06-25-2011, 04:03 PM
My buddies and I are going to the game tonight. What's the best place for beer before the game? Any one know of a Reds' fan gathering before the game?

membengal
06-25-2011, 04:20 PM
My buddies and I are going to the game tonight. What's the best place for beer before the game? Any one know of a Reds' fan gathering before the game?

Edd, any of the bars right outside camden on pratt street are a good target. Pickles Pub is good but crowded. But it does have good standing/drinking room on patio outside the bar. If it is like last night, and I think it will be judging from crowd at inner harbor, you will see reds fans everywhere.

Ron Madden
06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Have fun mem. Bring home a winning series. :beerme:

Cedric
06-25-2011, 06:23 PM
It was indeed a sellout last night. First here since opening day. Reds nation a large part of that from what I saw in the park.

And now hundreds of reds fans out and about in the inner harbor area. Nice to see the reds shirts and hats everywhere.

Look for me wearing my Cueto jersey! Just got done eating a crabcake at Mo's restaurant in Little Italy.

Hope tonight is better than yesterday.

membengal
06-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Fingers crossed ron. Nice pick of a restaurant cedric.

Some of the reds signing autographs for what looks like over a hundred reds fans gathered by third base dugout. Orioles let fans close to field during infield and batting practice.

membengal
06-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Cool thing about seeing the reds on the road? Getting to see their batting practice. Votto up now. Bruce just went. My son (he is 10) is thrilled.

HeatherC1212
06-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Gotta love seeing the Reds batting practice on the road! :D

Glad you're having a great time. Keep posting about your adventures this weekend! :)

HotCorner
06-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I attended last night's game along with 30 family and friends. We sat in secton 86 in left field (next to the bullpens). We got to see batting practice for the Reds. I was quite impressed by the number of fans with Reds gear who made the trip. As we left one of the Orioles' relievers walked over to the fence and handed my 4 yo son (completely decked out in Reds) a baseball. Awesome night all the way around!

membengal
06-26-2011, 02:02 PM
That's great to hear.

I talked to some of the folks who thrive in tourist dollars in and around the inner harbor who were thrilled with the numbers of reds fans in town for the weekend. Three day gate is looking like 120,000. Prob their best weekend of the year.

Deepred05
06-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I went to the game yesterday and came away impressed with the Oriole fans. Lots of Reds jerseys, and they were treated very well. Knowledgeable classy fans.

RichRed
06-27-2011, 02:41 PM
My brother and I had an awesome time at the game Saturday; we sat in section 354. It was great to see all the Reds fans in attendance. All the Orioles fans were very cool except for the one dope who was yelling "Reds suck!" and "Votto sucks!" - after the game had ended. One bad apple in an otherwise good bushel.

The Reds are now 4-0 this season when I'm in attendance. I'm entertaining sponsorhip offers to get me to more games.

Caveat Emperor
06-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I went to all 3 games at Camden Yards and had a blast. Did two Big Boog sandwiches from Boog Powell's in the outfield, drank a dozen or so Natty Boh's, and even snagged a Buck Showalter bobblehead.

I second what was said about O's fans -- they're a classy bunch of people. I stood against the RF wall on Friday night with some friends, and spent most of the night chatting with the O's fans who were out there as well. Going to and from the stadium through the Federal Hill area, it was nothing but pleasantness -- even when the Reds were winning.

Great trip. I wish the Reds played there more often.

HeatherC1212
06-28-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm glad you guys had good experiences in Baltimore. I agree that the fans there are overall really great and I'm glad the Reds helped them have a solid attendance weekend. They need that over there! Wish we could have won another game there but I'm sure it was still a fun weekend. :)

WebScorpion
06-28-2011, 02:22 AM
I went to all 3 games at Camden Yards and had a blast. Did two Big Boog sandwiches from Boog Powell's in the outfield, drank a dozen or so Natty Boh's, and even snagged a Buck Showalter bobblehead.

I second what was said about O's fans -- they're a classy bunch of people. I stood against the RF wall on Friday night with some friends, and spent most of the night chatting with the O's fans who were out there as well. Going to and from the stadium through the Federal Hill area, it was nothing but pleasantness -- even when the Reds were winning.

Great trip. I wish the Reds played there more often.
BOOG'S!! The best ballpark food I've ever had. :thumbup: