PDA

View Full Version : Graeter's Ice Cream now Available in Nashville.

LvJ
06-24-2011, 07:09 PM
What should I try?

RBA
06-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Try the ice cream. You can't go wrong.

Redhook
06-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Graeter's ice cream is unreal. I'm a chocolate fan so I love their Double Chocolate Chip. Black Raspberry Chip is awesome. And Coconut Chip. You really can't go wrong. They're all great.

If you're looking to kick it up a notch, try the Turtle Sundae with Chocolate Mint Ice Cream. That sundae has the wow factor.

RedsBaron
06-25-2011, 07:17 AM
I accompanied our church's youth group to Kings Island last week. I made a point while I was there of getting some Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip. It is fantastic and I always get some when I am somewhere that it is sold.

Sweetstop
06-25-2011, 08:58 AM
they recently closed the graeter's shops in lexington. i buy pints at the local kroger, however.

black raspberry chip has long been my favorite, although the coconut chip might overtake it. yum.

westofyou
06-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Available on the west coast too.

moewan
06-25-2011, 10:41 AM
just started selling it in michigan as well.

RBA
06-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Available on the west coast too.

Yup, I see it at Ralphs, part of the Kroger Chain.

Also, Kroger is Fry's Groceries, Smith's, Food 4 less, and Fred Meyer's, and more.

LvJ
06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
A Jeni's Ice Cream shop just opened walking distance from my house, too. Uh oh.

Joseph
06-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Yup, I see it at Ralphs, part of the Kroger Chain.

Also, Kroger is Fry's Groceries, Smith's, Food 4 less, and Fred Meyer's, and more.

and Dillions and Quality Foods and King Soopers and Tom Thumb and Turkey Hill and City Market and Jay C and....well we have a lot lets just say.

As for Graeters, I love banana flavor.

fearofpopvol1
06-26-2011, 12:10 AM
If they have it, the buckeye blitz is ridiculous. As in good and unhealthy!

IslandRed
06-26-2011, 10:05 AM
A Jeni's Ice Cream shop just opened walking distance from my house, too. Uh oh.

Heard about that, you must be in EN. Might have to make my way down there sometime for a sample.

LvJ
06-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Heard about that, you must be in EN. Might have to make my way down there sometime for a sample.

Oh hey! Yep, I'm in East Nashville. Hipster land.

I've lived in Hermitage and Green Hills previously in my time in Nashville. I like it a lot over here. Mt. Juliet has gotten crazy lately. When I moved here in 06, it seems like the Kroger and maybe the theatre were the only things in Providence.

Newport Red
06-26-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/us/12icecream.html

LvJ
06-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Tried the Black Coffee flavor at Jeni's.

Oh. My.

I'm getting fat.

blumj
06-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Tried the Black Coffee flavor at Jeni's.

Oh. My.

I'm getting fat.
Black coffee ice cream is an oxymoron. Sounds great, though, I never had Jeni's or Graeter's but I usually make my own, anyway.

blumj
08-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Just found Graeter's at a Whole Foods in Bedford, MA, $5.99 a pint, but they had a 2 for 1 sale, so I got some chocolate chocolate chip and mocha chip. I really like the ice cream, but the chips seem strangely soft, is that how they usually are?

RBA
08-26-2012, 01:34 PM
We have been buying Tillamook Ice Cream lately. Pretty darn good. Available at Von's/Safeway, and WinCo.

improbus
08-26-2012, 03:37 PM
My wife's cousin always gets a Black Rasberry frozen Ice cream cake. I've never eaten a worse dessert in my life. It couldn't have been more dry. My wife, father in law, and I all roll our eyes every time we see it. It is like the worlds worst family tradition.

fearofpopvol1
08-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Just saw some Graeters at the grocery here in NY, but not available everywhere. Sadly, no Buckeye Blitz though. Still enjoyed some Black Raspberry Chip though and it was awesome.

redsfandan
08-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Just found Graeter's at a Whole Foods in Bedford, MA, $5.99 a pint, but they had a 2 for 1 sale, so I got some chocolate chocolate chip and mocha chip. I really like the ice cream, but the chips seem strangely soft, is that how they usually are?

Don't think so. At least not in my experience. The chips aren't soft at all that I've noticed so (Idk?) maybe it's the travel time? Black Raspberry Chip is pretty popular so I'd try that if you're so inclined.

My sister is in Michigan (yeah I know). Anyway, she's told me that they get the seasonal flavors a couple months after the Cincy market does. Just thought that was interesting.

blumj
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I kind of remembered black raspberry was the flavor to try, but I've been making fruit ice creams all summer, so I really wasn't in the mood for it. One of the main reasons I bought an ice cream maker was to use up dairy and fruit before it goes bad. The only other flavor they had was mint chip, which just isn't my thing. Maybe we're getting old stuff up here, if grapenuts can get soft in ice cream if you leave it in the freezer long enough, I guess almost anything can, maybe even chocolate.

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Nothing beats having an actual Graeter's ice cream parlor. The one in Centerville is always packed, especially in the summer months.

redsfandan
08-27-2012, 06:54 PM
I always thought it was weird that Columbus had a Graeter's parlor years before Dayton had one.

RedsBaron
08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Graeter's Ice Cream is now sold in Huntington WV area Kroger stores. :thumbup:

texasdave
08-29-2012, 01:21 PM
You can get it at some Kroger's stores in the Houston area.

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Nothing beats having an actual Graeter's ice cream parlor. The one in Centerville is always packed, especially in the summer months.

Oakwood has had a Graeter's, it seems, for ages.

pedro
08-30-2012, 01:34 PM

We grew up in Mariemont and could walk to the one on the square there. Love me a turtle sundae.

westofyou
08-30-2012, 01:37 PM

When I was in HS I worked at the Mariemont Theater, every night I'd watch one of the ancient ladies from Graeters do her drop, for that she would give me a freebie... I love Nectar Phosphates.

"Chip" Graeter was a classmate of mine

George Anderson
08-30-2012, 08:42 PM
"Chip" Graeter was a classmate of mine

Was his first name chocolate?

Roy Tucker
09-02-2012, 08:40 AM
We grew up in Mariemont and could walk to the one on the square there. Love me a turtle sundae.

Did our periodic Mariemont visit last night. Ice cream at Graeters, catch a movie at the Mariemont, and then good beer at Dillys.

Graeters butter pecan is die for as well.

Their chips are designed to melt in your mouth so could be construed as soft. Unlike most other chocolate chips I've had in ice cream which are like little nuggets of wax.

Hoosier Red
09-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I get home often enough that I'm not really hurting for Graeters or Skyline, but try to celebrate Bengals victories with a pint of black raspberry chip spread out over a few days. Tis good.

blumj
09-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Saw some at a different Whole Foods today, so I'm guessing they carry it regularly now if anyone's still looking for where to find some.

Joseph
09-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Why would you shop Whole Foods? Is there no Kroger nearby? ;)

blumj
09-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Made me look, the nearest one is only 87.7 miles from me.

09-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Did our periodic Mariemont visit last night. Ice cream at Graeters, catch a movie at the Mariemont, and then good beer at Dillys.

Graeters butter pecan is die for as well.

Their chips are designed to melt in your mouth so could be construed as soft. Unlike most other chocolate chips I've had in ice cream which are like little nuggets of wax.

Graeters started as a chocolate company, which is why their chips are so amazing.

redsfandan
09-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Oakwood has had a Graeter's, it seems, for ages.

I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure Columbus got one before them, then Oakwood got one not quite 10 years ago, then Centerville a couple years later.

Joseph
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Made me look, the nearest one is only 87.7 miles from me.

Ok, I can allow that then. ;)