PDA

View Full Version : RedsZone Blogs Forum

The Voice of IH
06-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Have you guys ever thought of this? Creating a blog forum where a user can share their own opinions, baseball or not, without anyone interrupting? I have seen several other sites do this and it seems to work out well.

Just a suggestion :)

Voice!

TeamCasey
06-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Have you guys ever thought of this? Creating a blog forum where a user can share their own opinions, baseball or not, without anyone interrupting? I have seen several other sites do this and it seems to work out well.

Just a suggestion :)

Voice!

Prior to Redszone or in the early years of this site, it was set up like that. There are a lot of great bloggers on board here too. Not sure if they could link something with this software but they were good reads.

wolfboy
07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Prior to Redszone or in the early years of this site, it was set up like that. There are a lot of great bloggers on board here too. Not sure if they could link something with this software but they were good reads.

http://web.archive.org/web/20000917211306/http://www.redszone.com/

Redsfan320
07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Awesome find, wolfboy! I'd never known what the original RZ looked like. I'm sure that'll bring back some memories for those who were there then.

Brutus
07-07-2011, 04:30 PM
That actually sounds like an interesting idea.

Boss-Hog
07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Man, that's a sharp looking site - especially since it was created using 2000 technology! ;)

WVRed
07-07-2011, 09:33 PM
One of the best sports blogs I read for UK basketball and football information is Kentucky Sports Radio.

A lot of the information there is informative, but it also has a comedic side to it as well. The idea is to present the material in an interesting manner, whether it be using humor or something that is of actual substance.

I'd like to see something like this get started, and I think we have people who post here that could get it off the ground.

The Voice of IH
07-08-2011, 01:10 AM
That actually sounds like an interesting idea.

I get one right every now and then.

The Voice of IH
07-08-2011, 01:12 AM
I was just thinking there are MANY great baseball minds on this site, and it would be cool for those people to illustrate their ideas. I think there would be many awesome blogs here if RedZone did something like this.

Boss-Hog
07-08-2011, 07:29 AM
I have no problem with that if you have enough volunteers and want to lead the effort. I'll help with as much as I possibly can.

The Voice of IH
07-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I have no problem with that if you have enough volunteers and want to lead the effort. I'll help with as much as I possibly can.

Honesty, all you really have to do is make another forum called "RedsZone Blogs" and put it under the miscellaneous section.

Just make the rules clear (sticky at the top), that all the forums rules apply, but that no one is allowed to comment on it. It would be the posters own little world (thread).

Boss-Hog
07-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Honesty, all you really have to do is make another forum called "RedsZone Blogs" and put it under the miscellaneous section.

Just make the rules clear (sticky at the top), that all the forums rules apply, but that no one is allowed to comment on it. It would be the posters own little world (thread).
OK, I have some ideas that can make that forum even more geared towards its intended purposes. I'll get around to handling that ASAP.

Brutus
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
OK, I have some ideas that can make that forum even more geared towards its intended purposes. I'll get around to handling that ASAP.

Thanks, Boss. I'd be more than happy to contribute if/when it gets up and running.

wolfboy
07-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Man, that's a sharp looking site - especially since it was created using 2000 technology! ;)

I get all nostalgic paging through the different old school redszone looks. :thumbup:

wolfboy
07-08-2011, 11:39 PM
And fwiw, I think this is a great idea.

cinreds21
07-10-2011, 03:09 AM
I have blog experience and would be more than happy to help in way I can.

TeamCasey
07-12-2011, 01:02 PM

Wow! Nice find! Cracking up.

Boss-Hog
07-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Just as a follow up, I haven't forgotten about this, but we need to get the server issues completely straightened out first.

The Voice of IH
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
How we looking Boss?

Boss-Hog
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
How we looking Boss?
Thanks for reminding me - now that we've gotten the hosting issues straightened out, I'll make sure I get this taken care of no later than the end of the week.

The Voice of IH
08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
sweet

abish1572
08-04-2011, 12:40 AM
I have experience in coding; I will be more than happy to help with a front page!

Boss-Hog
08-04-2011, 07:22 PM
It's up - let me know if you have any problems.

fearofpopvol1
08-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Wouldn't it make sense to allow users to comment on the blogs?

Boss-Hog
08-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Wouldn't it make sense to allow users to comment on the blogs?
The original request was for "without anyone interrupting", but if others would like to allow replies, please chime in.

traderumor
08-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Bottom line: This trade could pay HUGE dividends sooner than most people think. Yarnall should be ready to step into our rotation soon, and getting away from the circus like environment in New York can't hurt. If Henson decides to play baseball, he makes a good trade great. I was dissapointed we traded Neagle, but wasn't dissapoined with the players that we received in return. Under the circumstances, Bowden should be congratulated
How about a demonstration of evaluating trades involving prospects when they're made ;)

Redsfan320
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Isn't the whole point of the blogs forum for no one to comment? Otherwise its just another baseball forum with lengthier OPs.

fearofpopvol1
08-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Isn't the whole point of the blogs forum for no one to comment? Otherwise its just another baseball forum with lengthier OPs.

I don't know, I mean most blogs I visit DO allow you to comment. If the blogger missed a point or the reader wants to challenge the blogger on a point. Of course, it should always be done civilly and respectfully, but that's just my opinion.

westofyou
08-21-2011, 09:48 PM

If that's the case it should be renamed "Pulpit" Blogs generally allow feedback.

Unless you're Murray Chass (http://www.murraychass.com/)... and of course that's not a blog... or is it?

Sea Ray
08-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Just about every article I see on the net is followed by a comments section

Redsfan320
08-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Just about every article I see on the net is followed by a comments section

Then what's the point of the Blogs forum anyway? We already have tORG/tSD, where a user starts a thread and makes an original post, then other users reply to it. So...?

UKFlounder
08-22-2011, 07:02 PM
That's a good question, a very good one in fact. What is its purpose?

Redszone is a discussion board, so why have a section that bars discussion? What good does it do, other than allow people to express opinion while knowing nobody can publicly disagree with them? If you want to offer opinions that can go unchallenged, why even go to a public board? Just keep them to yourself and the same thing is accomplished.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, as it is pretty simple to ignore, but it's just a concept I don't get.

Then what's the point of the Blogs forum anyway? We already have tORG/tSD, where a user starts a thread and makes an original post, then other users reply to it. So...?

Boss-Hog
08-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Based on the feedback (or lack thereof), the forum's not long for the site. If that indeed happens, it won't be the first, or the last, user-suggested site not to make it, but if something sounds halfway sensible, I'm always up for giving it a try.

fearofpopvol1
08-23-2011, 02:56 AM
I think allowing comments would be a good idea, even if it's on a trial basis.

frenetic wave
08-23-2011, 05:38 AM
A "blogs" sub-forum is merely a uninhibited space for a poster to write longer, often continuous or thematic posts without aesthetic interruption. Many times these blog threads will have names like "The Adventures of a 9-5 Office Worker" and feature long diary or blog like updates about a theme or subject. It isn't a safe haven for "unchallenged opinions"- which is a quite funny objection to have. "If I can't comment on your post then keep it to yourself!" Haha :-)

Boss-Hog
08-23-2011, 07:27 AM
I have changed it so that comments are allowed.

Sea Ray
08-23-2011, 03:02 PM

If you're looking for a grand point in having a blog section then you're going to be disappointed. Like Boss said, it was just an idea that they're trying