PDA

View Full Version : Bring Up Dontrelle

Kc61
06-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Volquez is all over the place. Let him join Wood at Louisville.

Time for D Train in the rotation.

Always Red
06-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Volquez is all over the place. Let him join Wood at Louisville.

Time for D Train in the rotation.

I'm with you.

Let's see what the D Train has. Couldn't be worse than Volkie.

WVPacman
06-25-2011, 12:19 AM
How many more chances does Volquez get seriously? This is past rediculous with this guy and frankly I am tired of it.He got his chances and failed and I think its time for the reds to move on which they won't.

fearofpopvol1
06-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Wood > Volquez

I'm not really sure about Dontrelle in the rotation, maybe. I'd love to have him in the pen though.

CrackerJack
06-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Don't get infatuation with Willis here, he gave up 4 runs tonight in AAA, no more than Volquez. Maybe as a reliever to replace the awful Arrendondo.

reds44
06-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Don't get infatuation with Willis here, he gave up 4 runs tonight in AAA, no more than Volquez. Maybe as a reliever to replace the awful Arrendondo.
He also has an era of 2.74 and a 61/19 K/BB ratio.

But we can look at one start.

RedLegSuperStar
06-25-2011, 07:16 AM

Dontrelle went 8 innings and 105 pitches.. Volquez went 4 1/3 innings and needing 101 pitches. Both giving up the same amount of runs. Willis has earned a shot. Volquez has earn a longer stint in Louisville. Edison needs to realize that if he doesn't establish he can throw strikes early.. Opposing players aren't going to chase his pitches. He needs to pitch to contact and quit going for the strikeout every batter.