PDA

View Full Version : Yankee B.A.S.E.

cinreds21
06-26-2011, 08:35 PM
I have become friends with a scout with the Yankees. He showed me the program that the Yankees use. It's AMAZING. He pulled it up on his iPad. It's a program called BASE (Baseball Analysis Search Engine.) It has every big league team. Pull up the team and it has every guy on the roster, their stats, their contract status and such. On their bio it has their info and how many options they have used and other vital info. It also has video. So you can click and see every dominate Cueto outing in less than 30 minutes.

Joseph
06-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Sounds like a great app. Would love to get a copy.

cinreds21
06-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Sounds like a great app. Would love to get a copy.

It's actually a webpage.

Redsfan320
06-26-2011, 08:59 PM
It's actually a webpage.

Is this a Yankee-owned program, i.e. password-protected insider-top-secret thing? Or could you post a link?

Tony Cloninger
06-26-2011, 09:06 PM
I have become friends with a scout with the Yankees. He showed me the program that the Yankees use. It's AMAZING. He pulled it up on his iPad. It's a program called BASE (Baseball Analysis Search Engine.) It has every big league team. Pull up the team and it has every guy on the roster, their stats, their contract status and such. On their bio it has their info and how many options they have used and other vital info. It also has video. So you can click and see every dominate Cueto outing in less than 30 minutes.

Can you tell us what it says about the players in AAA....as they clearly are not ready to help at all and must be full of holes that other scouts will report on.

Brutus
06-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Major League Baseball's proprietary network, eBIS (electronic baseball information systems) has all of the player information and vitals as well. That's the system used by all teams to submit disabled list and roster changes, perform and claim waivers, etc. The difference, it sounds like, is some teams have their own systems to throw up statistical analysis, scouting reports and video.

cinreds21
06-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Is this a Yankee-owned program, i.e. password-protected insider-top-secret thing? Or could you post a link?

Yea, password protected. And Brutus is correct. It's for them to use to know anything they want about another team at any time they want.

TOBTTReds
06-26-2011, 10:29 PM
A lot of teams have programs just like this. It's a pretty cool setup. Other teams are obviously more advanced than others. Unfortunately, the Reds are a tad behind.

dougdirt
06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
A lot of teams have programs just like this. It's a pretty cool setup. Other teams are obviously more advanced than others. Unfortunately, the Reds are a tad behind.

I imagine that the more sabermetric friendly teams are the ones who have their own advanced systems, while the less sabermetric friendly teams are the ones behind. I saw the system the Indians used last season while in Lynchburg watching the Hillcats. It was very impressive looking from the little bit I was able to see.

hebroncougar
06-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I'd love to get my hands on one of these!

Roy Tucker
06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Where is LulzSec when you need them?

WebScorpion
06-28-2011, 12:42 AM
All your B.A.S.E. are belong to us. :laugh:

jojo
06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
How can the Yankees afford to maintain such a high tech tool?