PDA

View Full Version : Laugh if you must, but we miss Orlando Cabrera!

redsrolen
06-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I know most of you baseball experts are not going to agree with a '57' yr. old woman, but here goes...

I've been trying endlessly, to figure out what ingredients this yrs. team doesn't have, that last yrs. team had. I keep going back to one player, 'Orlando Cabrera'!! Why you might ask, for the same reason the ESPN crew working the Indians, Giants game tonight, just said. They said it's no accident that winning teams and world champions go hand and hand with O. Cabrera. They said he attacks the game, perfectly, from all angles. I know you're saying he's old, etc, etc. They said San Fran is very interested, that they need the leadership, the experience he teaches to all players, the enthusiasm, etc. They said he'll go on to be a great coach or manager.
My point is this, we miss his never say die, rah rah chanting up and down the bench, his antics keep you in the game until the fat lady sings!! We have a lot of quiet lumps sittin' on the bench, that really need an O.C.!!

LAUGH IF YOU MUST!!:laugh::lol:

R_Webb18
06-26-2011, 09:51 PM
im not going say hes the reason were losing but i 100% said janish would suck when every1 wanted him to play but would give him a try out still.

texasdave
06-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Here is the list of teams he has played with since 2007. Six teams. That has to say something as well. You would think someone would want to keep him around if he is as valuable as you are intimating. Of course, maybe all of those teams are wrong.

Year Team
2007 LAA
2008 Chisox
2009 OAK
2009 Minn
2010 Cincy
2011 Cleve

webbbj
06-26-2011, 10:05 PM
I mean its not like if he was on the astros or cubs id pick them to win the division but he could help a team of young guys play to their potential by helping them increase their confidence levels.

redsrolen
06-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Here is the list of teams he has played with since 2007. Six teams. That has to say something as well. You would think someone would want to keep him around if he is as valuable as you are intimating. Of course, maybe all of those teams are wrong.

I didn't say he was a great baseball player anymore, I simply said his enthusiasm, keeping this team up and going strong until the end, is really missed on this team. Last year we were the best come from behind team out there. This yr. they seem to quit at the end. I also remember all the things other Red's players said, that he brought to the team. Also, just adding what the boy's at ESPN were saying about what he brought to a team.

AintlifeGrande
06-26-2011, 11:10 PM
They could get O.C.back I'm sure.

Kingspoint
06-26-2011, 11:14 PM
:lol:

texasdave
06-26-2011, 11:14 PM
They could get O.C.back I'm sure.

I thought that was the reason they signed Renteria. Veteran presence.

Kingspoint
06-26-2011, 11:17 PM

We need our Veterans to produce, not be a presence.

Are you listening Rolen, Gomes, Renteria, Lewis, Hanigan, Phillips, Cairo?

malcontent
06-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Nah, we're OK. Walt says so.

"We're willing to wait for a while," Jocketty said. "We still have faith in Janish. Right now, he's probably putting a lot of pressure on himself. He just needs to relax and play the type of game he's capable of playing."

He must mean that career 0.607 OPS Janish boasts of. If he can only get back to that, from his current 0.535.

For reference, Manos de Oro's career OPS is 0.595. Yeah, that's what we should be hoping for.

Jocketty's blatant and obvious denial of reality is costing the team games now, and could easily cost the team the season.

Cozart is a second-round draft choice! WTH are they waiting for? Does Jocketty really think the drop-off in defense would be appreciable? Cozart was supposed to be close defensively when he was drafted!

redsrolen
06-27-2011, 12:55 AM

I think you're right, on they thought Renteria would be Veteran presence. I've never seen him talk or smile. Heard he wasn't happy with the move??
I guess they figure one 'OLD' player is the same as the last 'OLD' player!

wlf WV
06-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Cabrera wanted to be the starting shortstop or they would've resigned him I think.He only went to Tribe when other options were exhausted and played 2nd.I wish we still had him too.Renteria certainly doesn't look happy,if that means anything.

CrosleyField
06-27-2011, 07:07 AM
DFA Renteria