PDA

View Full Version : To make a move or not

wlf WV
06-27-2011, 05:32 PM
I feel it may be too late to make a move to improve this team at the trade deadline.I have the feeling we will have dug too big a hole.I'm afraid we'll be 8 or 10 games back.We're sellers not buyers at that point.The expectations and the bar has been set higher this year.The only saving grace would be if the pitchers went on an incredible roll.I don't see us surviving even the Central race unless this happens.I know we will over pay by making any trade at this time,so I'm for change within,via AAA,not ruling out trades at deadline.Being GM isn't an easy job,but I'd try it if the money was right.:laugh:

brm7675
06-27-2011, 06:35 PM
I feel it may be too late to make a move to improve this team at the trade deadline.I have the feeling we will have dug too big a hole.I'm afraid we'll be 8 or 10 games back.We're sellers not buyers at that point.The expectations and the bar has been set higher this year.The only saving grace would be if the pitchers went on an incredible roll.I don't see us surviving even the Central race unless this happens.I know we will over pay by making any trade at this time,so I'm for change within,via AAA,not ruling out trades at deadline.Being GM isn't an easy job,but I'd try it if the money was right.:laugh:

I really don't see either the Brewers or Cards expanding the lead that much, which is a bad thing because it will just keep Walt and Dusty thinking there is no need to change. There will be no major deals by the Reds this year, for whatever reason Walt has loss his nerve or Bob has rained in the checkbook or whatever, but this team is what it is right now and nothing will change, we will finish around .500 this year about 4-6 games out but with "good feelings" for next year....Joey's next to last year with the Reds..:thumbdown:

wlf WV
06-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I hope you're wrong .I expect they understand things quite a bit better than us.It's easier for us to spend someone else's money,I'm including myself.You may be right though.I still like Castellini as an owner.

DocRed
06-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Not too late...but Castellini will not open his pocket book so the point is moot.

brm7675
06-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Not too late...but Castellini will not open his pocket book so the point is moot.

I don't agree with that, there is to much evidence to show that if shown it will help the team Bob will open his checkbook, I still say it's both Walt and dusty who are just not seeing what is happening.

izzy's dad
06-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't agree with that, there is to much evidence to show that if shown it will help the team Bob will open his checkbook, I still say it's both Walt and dusty who are just not seeing what is happening.

I agree. Might it also have something to do with Walt not wanting to "admit" that he was wrong with Renteria, Edmonds, Isringwhatever, etc.?

Vottomatic
06-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Brewers are going for it all this year because Fielder walks for the big contract somewhere else at the end of the season.
Cardinals are going for it all this year because Pujols walks for the big contract somewhere else at the end of the season.

Both teams will make whatever trade is necessary at the deadline to get it done.

The Reds will sit on their hands and even when they're 7 games out, management will say everything is hunky dory.

webbbj
06-27-2011, 11:27 PM
dude were 3.5 out were far from out of it.

bshall2105
06-28-2011, 12:13 AM
I agree. Might it also have something to do with Walt not wanting to "admit" that he was wrong with Renteria, Edmonds, Isringwhatever, etc.?

How do Edmonds and Ishringhausen have anything to do with this season?

wlf WV
06-28-2011, 12:59 AM
dude were 3.5 out were far from out of it.

You can't afford to be out 5 or 6 games behind 2 or 3 teams.You have to win almost every night to leap frog 3 teams.The only thing in our favor is Cards play Brewers,I think 12 times after ASB.

laulpunding
06-28-2011, 01:04 AM
hi there great post we have going there! Mars Venus Coaching (http://www.squidoo.com/choose-mars-venus-coaching/)