PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leake's future

brm7675
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Another very nice game last night by Mr. Leake. So long term how do you see this guy?

OGB
06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
I picked 2 guy, but I see him somewhere between that and the next option. I don't see him as a Cliff Lee/Matt Cain #2 starter, but I think he could be a decent 2, or one of the better #3 starters in the league.
I've always liked his poise and pitch efficiency.

bounty37h
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I picked ACE material, as I honestly think he has that potential and stuff. I watched him in college and was impressed with his pitches as well as fundamental and mental side of the game. I think he can have a very Maddux like career-a good mix of pitches and the smarts to make them work for him. He has more work to do to get there of course, but he is on his way I believe.

webbbj
06-28-2011, 01:29 PM
somewhere below maddux (way too high of a ceiling) and above arroyo.

i see his seasonal numbers being a 200+ innining guy with an ERA in the 3.3-3.8 range.

SidneySlicker
06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
I put 3 or 4 guy. Mainly because I want to see a full season of him before I make him a bonified TOR pitcher. Last year he hit a wall at the all star break, so i'll be very interested to see how the second half of the season goes this year. As far as his career goes I think he can be an arroyo type innings eater who's era will hover around 4.