PDA

View Full Version : phillips/votto need your help

icehole3
06-29-2011, 04:42 AM
today and tomorrow are last days to vote for dat dude (Phillips) and Votto, both need your help, go to the reds site to vote :)

Unassisted
06-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Probably going to be hard to rally enough supporters for players on a 4th place team, who've lately lost two games for every game they've won.

Consolation: Votto should get the start at 1B if Pujols wins the vote.

Ghosts of 1990
06-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Tough to make a case for Votto over Fielder IMHO.

Edd Roush
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Tough to make a case for Votto over Fielder IMHO.

I guess that opinion is predicated on not valuing first base defense much. Prince is useless in the field and should DH the rest of his career and Votto is an above average first baseman.

Plus, he's a Red so that has to count for something. :beerme:

MikeThierry
06-29-2011, 09:57 PM
You all might be surprised at this but I voted for Phillips in all my All Star ballots. Dude deserves to go.

cumberlandreds
07-01-2011, 09:46 AM
I put in 200 votes the last two days for Votto,Phillips and Bruce. When will the winners be announced? Don't they have a selection show for this now?

_Sir_Charles_
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I put in 200 votes the last two days for Votto,Phillips and Bruce. When will the winners be announced? Don't they have a selection show for this now?

And here's why this system is just silly. I prefer the 1 person 1 vote system...but since that ain't happening anytime soon, I'd rather they just take the vote away from the fans completely.

Nothing against your efforts Cumberland...just a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

cumberlandreds
07-01-2011, 11:10 AM
To answer my own question the selection show is at noon on Sunday via WTBS.

I agree with you Charles that one vote per person would be best. But that's never happening. MLB wants as much publicity as possible and fans coming to their site as often as possible. I like the fan vote overall though. I always thought this as a fans game and if they want to stuff ballot boxes then so be it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110629&content_id=21164542&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Redsfan320
07-01-2011, 11:15 AM
nd here's why this system is just silly. I prefer the 1 person 1 vote system...but since that ain't happening anytime soon, I'd rather they just take the vote away from the fans completely.

It would still be Yankee-dominated. Its not as if the Yankee fans all just vote a ton more per capita than we do- there are just many more of them.