PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumors From Olney

Benihana
06-30-2011, 02:29 PM
www.mlbtraderumors.com

The Braves are checking out available hitters. Some rival executives have speculated on the possibility that the Braves will consider trading Jair Jurrjens, whose stock has never been higher.

The Giants are looking for catching help and Ramon Hernandez is a possible upgrade, as I explained earlier in the week.

The Reds are concerned about starting pitching and will consider making moves for upgrades at left field or shortstop. Though rival teams donít expect Reyes to end up in Cincinnati, GM Walt Jocketty may be aggressive enough to make a deal happen.

I'd be interested in Jurrjens. Problem is Atlanta doesn't need a C or a 1B, so other than one of our LF, I'm not sure what we could really offer them.

I'd trade Hernandez for Surkamp. Nothing less.

I'm also not interested in drastically overpaying for Reyes. If they demand Mesoraco and then some, I start looking for pitching help.

Discuss.

15fan
06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Fun fact: Detroit sent Jurrjens to Atlanta in exchange for...Edgar Renteria.

(Renteria was moved so the Braves could hand SS to Yunel Escobar.)

reds44
06-30-2011, 02:53 PM
This Reyes character looks decent. I think we should try to get him.

cumberlandreds
06-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Fun fact: Detroit sent Jurrjens to Atlanta in exchange for...Edgar Renteria.

(Renteria was moved so the Braves could hand SS to Yunel Escobar.)

Maybe they will take Renteria back. They wouldn't have to give me Jurrjens either. A couple of bags BP balls would be just fine.

Benihana
06-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Renteria fetched Jurrjens.

Gonzalez fetched Escobar.

Royce Clayton once fetched Adrian Gonzalez (in a roundabout sorta way).

The Reds seem to get their SS at the wrong time. SMH

Playadlc
06-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Jair Jurrjens has a xFIP of 3.80 and a K-rate of 5.17. I can’t imagine Jurrjens keeps anywhere near the ERA he currently has (2.07) with his down peripherals.

It just looks like we will have to give up way more for a guy like Jurrjens than we really should.

alexad
06-30-2011, 03:32 PM
We need a shortstop. Walt needs to find us one. I am not worried about the starting rotation. We have plenty of outfielders. We need a solid back up for Rolen.

Guacarock
06-30-2011, 03:56 PM
www.mlbtraderumors.com

I'd trade Hernandez for Surkamp. Nothing less.

Yes, if the Giants want Hernandez -- and they need him badly -- we should be willing to talk turkey, with Surkamp as our trade target.

nate
06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Jair Jurrjens has a xFIP of 3.80 and a K-rate of 5.17. I canít imagine Jurrjens keeps anywhere near the ERA he currently has (2.07) with his down peripherals.

It just looks like we will have to give up way more for a guy like Jurrjens than we really should.

I hope we don't give up anything for him.

corkedbat
06-30-2011, 11:21 PM
I hope we don't give up anything for him.

I would not give up Mez (or anything of much value) for a rental on Reyes. I'nm fine with giving Cozart a shot at short and trying for a considerable upgade in LF. If we do have to deal for a SS, it better be someone we control for more than 3 months (Hardy).

corkedbat
06-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Yes, if the Giants want Hernandez -- and they need him badly -- we should be willing to talk turkey, with Surkamp as our trade target.

I love Ramon, but I'd do he for surkamp in a heartbeat. I like the deal that was proposed a while back of Ramon or Hanny for Alex Cobb from the Rays.

As far as someone with more experience? I might make a run at Wandy Rodriguez if the Stros would deal him within the division.

nate
06-30-2011, 11:47 PM
I would not give up Mez (or anything of mych value) for a rental on Reyes. I'nm fine with giving Cozart a shot at short and trying for a considerable upgade in LF. If we do have to deal for a SS, it better be someone we control for more than 3 months (Hardy).

I'm fine with giving Cozart a shot and getting a SP (not Jurrjens.)

MikeThierry
06-30-2011, 11:50 PM
If the Reds were to get Reyes, the division would be over. That would clearly be a division decider, in my opinion.

Reds/Flyers Fan
06-30-2011, 11:55 PM
I would not give up Mez (or anything of mych value) for a rental on Reyes. I'nm fine with giving Cozart a shot at short and trying for a considerable upgade in LF. If we do have to deal for a SS, it better be someone we control for more than 3 months (Hardy).

Or Hanley Ramirez, who probably could be had right now.

cinreds21
07-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Or Hanley Ramirez, who probably could be had right now.

No he isn't available.

corkedbat
07-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I'd be willing to go Alonso (or) Francisco/Heisey/Janish for Reyes but not Mes or Grandal. I'd Keep Cozart for when Reyes walks and I'd bring up Sapplet to replace Heisey as fourth OFer.

camisadelgolf
07-01-2011, 12:09 AM
No he isn't available.
True. There's no way Florida is going to sell low on him.

Brutus
07-01-2011, 12:10 AM
No he isn't available.

Everybody has a price...

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=155223&stc=1&d=1265801922

fearofpopvol1
07-01-2011, 12:20 AM
The Reyes trade would be tricky. Alonso is probably out because of Davis, which means the Reds give up more. I wonder if Cozart, Heisey and 1 of Leake/Wood would get it done. That would seem fair to me, but I don't know if the Mets would view it that way.

camisadelgolf
07-01-2011, 12:33 AM
The Reyes trade would be tricky. Alonso is probably out because of Davis, which means the Reds give up more. I wonder if Cozart, Heisey and 1 of Leake/Wood would get it done. That would seem fair to me, but I don't know if the Mets would view it that way.
Would the Mets be chipping in cash, too?

cinreds21
07-01-2011, 12:38 AM

That's not enough. One of Mes or Grandal would have to be in it. A lot of teams, if not all, probably view Heisey as a backup outfielder or OK regular, nothing more.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-01-2011, 12:48 AM
No he isn't available.

Harold Reynolds, who probably has a few connections, says he probably is.

Spitball
07-01-2011, 01:00 AM

For a two month rental, I would not include either Leake or Wood...and I doubt the Reds would either.

corkedbat
07-01-2011, 01:01 AM
That's not enough. One of Mes or Grandal would have to be in it. A lot of teams, if not all, probably view Heisey as a backup outfielder or OK regular, nothing more.

If we give up either Catcher, it needs to be for more than 3 months of control and I don't see Reyes signing any extensions.

cinreds21
07-01-2011, 01:04 AM
If we give up either Catcher, it needs to be for more than 3 months of control and I don't see Reyes signing any extensions.

Despite Reyes a likely rental, the Mets won't trade him for a weak package. They are going to milk his good year as much as they can.

cinreds21
07-01-2011, 01:04 AM

Him too?

corkedbat
07-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Despite Reyes a likely rental, the Mets won't trade him for a weak package. They are going to milk his good year as much as they can.

yeah, you're probably right. That's why I said originally I'd rather give Coz a shot and pass on Reyes and concentrate on LF and/or a SP.

cinreds21
07-01-2011, 01:10 AM
yeah, you're probably right. That's why I said originally I'd rather give Coz a shot and pass on Reyes and concentrate on LF and/or a SP.

I agree. The only other player I'd like to get that MIGHT would become available (but probably not) is Stephen Drew. Other than that, the available short stops and left fielders are not impressive. Same with starting pitchers.

kaldaniels
07-01-2011, 01:17 AM

Thus setting the table for the "Walt is an idiot because he didn't trade for Hanley Ramirez" sentiment that we will be hearing about in September.

By the way, I think (probably x probably) = doubtful.

fearofpopvol1
07-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Would the Mets be chipping in cash, too?

With their situation, I doubt it. Besides, the cash isn't going to be all that much by the time he's traded for a team that's in the race.

fearofpopvol1
07-01-2011, 01:24 AM
For a two month rental, I would not include either Leake or Wood...and I doubt the Reds would either.

Reyes will be a Type A, so the Reds will get something in return beyond this season. Not to mention, there's already a logjam at the SP position. I'd love to give the Mets Volquez instead, but something tells me they won't be going for that.

cinreds21
07-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Reyes will be a Type A, so the Reds will get something in return beyond this season. Not to mention, there's already a logjam at the SP position. I'd love to give the Mets Volquez instead, but something tells me they won't be going for that.

As much as I want to get rid of Volquez, I don't think he would be a big chip in a trade at this point and time.