PDA

View Full Version : 2011 AAA All-Stars

batsfan
06-30-2011, 03:05 PM
It was annouced today that Yonder Alonso, Zach Cozart, Jeremy Hermida, and Devin Mesoraco are on the 2011 International League All-Star Roster. It is the first time that the Louisville Bats have had 4 All-Stars since 1994!

davereds24
06-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Congrats to those 4, very well deserved. Surprised not to see DTrain, although maybe since he's a vet and probably doesn't care that played into it.

Benihana
06-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Congrats to those 4, very well deserved. Surprised not to see DTrain, although maybe since he's a vet and probably doesn't care that played into it.

I doubt Jeremy Hermida cares all that much either. Once you've tasted big league success, I can't imagine you get all that jazzed up about being a AAA All-Star. Nice to see nonetheless.

Good to have a catcher, shortstop, and big stick all getting noticed for their AAA dominance.

Blitz Dorsey
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Negron didn't make it?

texasdave
06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
This is the first time since 1994 that Louisville has had four players selected for the All-Star Game. In that 1994 season, LHP Steve Dixon, RHP Gary Buckles, INF Allen Battle and INF Scott Collbaugh were chosen to represent the Louisville Redbirds. It has happened one other time in franchise history in 1993 when the Redbirds also sent four players to the game.

Hope the Reds' four All-Stars turn out better than these four did.

davereds24
06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I doubt Jeremy Hermida cares all that much either. Once you've tasted big league success, I can't imagine you get all that jazzed up about being a AAA All-Star. Nice to see nonetheless.

Good to have a catcher, shortstop, and big stick all getting noticed for their AAA dominance.

Yeah but he's the leading hitter, a little different situation.