PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Sin of All

redssince75
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I have come to realize that this year is nothing like last year because this year we are BORING.

Yawwwwn.

Need a key 2-out hit? You know we're not going to get it. An exciting late-game rally? Nope. A key defensive stop? Not this year.

If I wasn't a Cincinnati Reds fan, I don't think I'd ever watch a Cincinnati Reds game. It is simply not happening this year.

Spaxspore
07-02-2011, 06:21 PM
wow i couldnt agree more. Most of the time i get more excitement watching my paint dry...at lest its doing something productive.

BluegrassRedleg
07-02-2011, 06:34 PM
We got really spoiled with all the late-inning fireworks last year. But you're right. When this team has days like this, it's almost painful to sit through.

Spaxspore
07-02-2011, 06:46 PM
sad thing is, days like this are more often than most

redssince75
07-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Gee, how did I know that inning would go like that?
:thumbdown:

Spaxspore
07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
because its happened WAY to often this year

Vottomatic
07-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I haven't watched a game for days now. They are way too boring for me. And they always seem to fall behind and I have no faith they will do anything anyway.

jnewm777
07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
It's almost like following the Bengals. For years, both good and bad I listened to Reds games nightly. But I just can't this year. It isn't that they're bad, it's that management seems to be so stubborn that they refuse to try and change anything to improve. It's one thing if you've got Johnny Bench hitting .220 in July and you keep putting him in the lineup, it's totally different if you've got Jonny Gomes. One is likely to catch fire, hit .300 the rest of the season, drive in a chunk of runs, and play gold glove defense, the other is the guy you promised the position to and you don't want to admit that you were wrong about.

Moosie52
07-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Team chemistry is right out the window. That's what you get for having Renteria intstead of Cabrera.

Hillsdale87
07-02-2011, 10:00 PM
This team is definitely frustrating. What kills is just the inability to do even the simple things. For instance, with Bruce up in the 8th and Rolen on second, with 2 strikes he needs to just cut down his swing and make sure he gets the ball in play to get Rolen to 3rd. Instead he swings through 3 breaking balls. Every time you want to start getting excited about an inning, somebody just kills it. I still feel like the team is going to turn it around. Luckily the rest of the Central hasn't been any better, but this team is definitely tough to follow right now

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I have followed this team for the majority of my 46 years...but the last several weeks I just cant watch these games..I have watched maybe 15 minutes worth on tv over the last 3 weeks combined....they are boring to watch...does any1 realize they havent won 2 games in a row in almost a month?!?!? that is rediculous....every game is a carbon copy...watching stubbs and or bruce strike out 2-3 times a game....someone swinging at a 2-0 pitch with runners on and the pitcher struggling as it is....the gaping hole in left field and the comedy zone that is the shortstop position...and yet walt and dusty are happy with what they have?!?!?!?

mroby85
07-02-2011, 11:25 PM
This team is seriously painful to watch. Every time they string a couple good games together, and you think they're getting it together they completely fall apart again. I NEVER leave games early, and after the 8-1 embarrassment last night, I couldn't even stand to sit through the entire game today. After Stubbs grounded out to 3rd with them loaded and 1 out, and Phillips K'd, I just left. This team has one great player, (votto) one really good player (phillips) surrounded by either very streaky players, or junk.

chuck6660
07-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Let's face it, this is a .500 baseball team. Too many people have their expectations up from last yea. The Reds do not have a #1 or #2 quality starter (perhaps Cueto is #2 stuff), they have a couple really good players, Votto, Phillips, Hernandez and some young potential, Stubbs and the NL Plyer of the month in May :laugh:Jay Bruce. All that = a .500 team.

Until they get another front of the rotaton starter and some consistant play from Bruce and Stubbs they are not a winning team. Does anyone see them getting HOT with the team they currently have?

If lucky, The Reds will be 81-81 and finish 3rd in the NL Central!

webbbj
07-02-2011, 11:51 PM
the reds are 45-38 according to pythagorean W/L, stop overreacting.

texasdave
07-03-2011, 12:16 AM

When they start awarding playoffs berths based on Pythag records let us know.

texasdave
07-03-2011, 12:17 AM
It is a baseball-wide issue. 3 hours 14 minutes to play a 3-1, nine inning game? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

goreds18
07-03-2011, 12:51 AM
No clutch hits, bad ABs with guys on 3rd and less than 2 outs, bad ABs with guys on 2nd and no outs, bonehead defensive plays. Like others have said, when we get down I have zero confidence we will come back. The reliever (Hermann) for the Indians made us look stupid for 3 innings and he's been TERRIBLE this year.

mroby85
07-03-2011, 11:58 AM
When they start awarding playoffs berths based on Pythag records let us know.

My thoughts exactly.

jwmann2
07-03-2011, 08:21 PM
We will know more about this race, after the next two series with the Cardinals and Brewers. I really think we could cut it to a one game lead this week. Four games with the Brewers!

will5979
07-03-2011, 11:04 PM

Irrelevant, pythag is nothing but a bunch of irrelevant bull$h!t...playoffs appearances and division titles are not based on that pythag BS, only WINS, save the pythag crap for the dorks.