PDA

View Full Version : I Can Take...

jnewm777
07-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Bad baseball from a bad team, I can take mediocre baseball from a mediocre team, I can (and have) enjoy mediocre baseball from a bad team (see 2006), I can enjoy good baseball from a mediocre team (see 1999), but I cannot and will not take mediocre or bad baseball from a good team. That is what is so infuriating about the Reds (both on and off the field) this year. The talent is there but they are complacent and totally lacking in focus (you miss tagging second base, you forget your sunglasses, you get picked off second base while talking to the other team's shortstop). This appears to be a reflection of both the field and general managers. There needs to be a come to Jesus meeting and the law needs to be laid down - perform or enjoy life in the bus league. At this point in the year I don't expect this to happen and as a result I anticipate an 81-81 record or there abouts and finishing third or fourth in the division. This team and organization is much better than this, but you wouldn't know it by watching.

DocRed
07-02-2011, 07:37 PM
get used to it Jack..aint gonna change with the Manager,GM and Owner that we have.......

jnewm777
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
get used to it Jack..aint gonna change with the Manager,GM and Owner that we have.......

It appears you're right. But hey, that Paul Janish sure can pick it at short can't he?

Vottomatic
07-02-2011, 07:40 PM
All I've heard from fans, players, media, and management is that this talented team will put it together at some point in the season and go on a run.

I'm still waiting.

BAKER12
07-02-2011, 10:33 PM
C- Good
1B, 2B- All Stars
RF- Very Good
CF- Average
LF, SS, 3B- Below Average
SP- 1 All star
1 Good
3 Up and down at best #4 guys
BP- Very Good
Bench- Average
Manager, GM- Proven winners everywhere (including here)
Owner- Wants (within reason) to win...He's not Mark Cuban nor is he David Glass

Maker_84
07-02-2011, 10:57 PM
i'm starting to wonder if the talent is even there. Besides Votto, Phillips and Cueto nobody on this team excites me in anyway. it doesn't help things that the AAA team is starting to suck and those players are getting older and losing value everyday that goes by.

R_Webb18
07-02-2011, 11:20 PM
i'm starting to wonder if the talent is even there. Besides Votto, Phillips and Cueto nobody on this team excites me in anyway. it doesn't help things that the AAA team is starting to suck and those players are getting older and losing value everyday that goes by.

you don't need to say the same stuff in every thread.

BAKER12
07-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Bailey, Volquez, Wood have not improved
Stubbs has been the same
Simply put, young guys are not any better and Rolen is much worse, thus team is .500
Rolen looks like he has little left
Love his heart and glove, but a .250 3B with no power or speed can't be tolerated on a team with ZERO production at SS

wlf WV
07-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Bailey, Volquez, Wood have not improved
Stubbs has been the same
Simply put, young guys are not any better and Rolen is much worse, thus team is .500
Rolen looks like he has little left
Love his heart and glove, but a .250 3B with no power or speed can't be tolerated on a team with ZERO production at SSAgree

Vottomatic
07-03-2011, 01:34 PM
you don't need to say the same stuff in every thread.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that Maker is still in his adolescent years.