PDA

View Full Version : You gotta love Chris Welsh

demas863
07-03-2011, 03:07 PM
"The Reds aren't playing bad baseball. They're playing just well enough to lose."

HalKing
07-03-2011, 03:09 PM
No, I do not.........

DocRed
07-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I wish Marty and Cowboy did TV instead.

bshall2105
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Welsh is the best broadcaster the Reds have and he has a good point. Other than Friday we have been losing close game after close game.

jwmann2
07-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Welsh is a great analyst. He and Piecoro are my favorite out of the Reds crew.

DocRed
07-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Welsh is a great analyst. He and Piecoro are my favorite out of the Reds crew.

Welsh is "ok" by me I just hate Thom....does anyone know why Marty doesn't do TV though?

AintlifeGrande
07-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I can tolerate Chris,but Thom needs to be sent to AAA.

AintlifeGrande
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Bring back Grande.

Stray
07-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I think Welsh is awesome.

Crumbley
07-04-2011, 07:29 PM
We're lucky to have Welsh, love how he's embraced advanced statistics.

Moosie52
07-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I love how Chris presents the analysis of games. He's knowledgable without being a pompous jerk. Unlike the guy sitting next to him.

AintlifeGrande
07-05-2011, 12:08 AM
I love how Chris presents the analysis of games. He's knowledgable without being a pompous jerk. Unlike the guy sitting next to him.

Yeah,but that guy is a Brennaman,so back off!:)

AintlifeGrande
07-05-2011, 12:09 AM
:D:D

BAKER12
07-05-2011, 12:39 AM
I would prefer no play by play announcer and Welsh and Day or Pic just discussing the game than Thom in the booth. Goofy as it sounds, I miss George Grande a lot. Granted, he is ridiculous and predictable, but he never ticks me off to the point of hitting mute.

HatchMo
07-05-2011, 01:38 AM
are you kidding me? Chris welsh is thee worst. He's a homer, and has the outlook of a 12-year old.

wlf WV
07-05-2011, 03:23 AM
are you kidding me? Chris welsh is thee worst. He's a homer, and has the outlook of a 12-year old.Welsh is realistic and still roots for the Reds,also very insightful about baseball. He's very good at his job.Thom's problem is he is too closely related to Marty Brennaman.

lex logan
07-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Chris Welsh is one of the best sportscasters I've ever heard. Thom Brennaman is, by far, the worst. I don't think he actually likes baseall, since he takes every opportunity to talk about anything but. On those rare occassions he says something baseball-related, he makes a mountain out of a molehill, he's pompous to an extreme, and he betrays no understanding of the game whatsoever. I like Jeff Brantley on the radio; paired with Thom the two are insufferable.

Chris Welsh and George Grande were the reason I began following the Reds again, 2006 season I think.

BurgervilleBuck
07-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Thom Brennaman is, by far, the worst. I don't think he actually likes baseall, since he takes every opportunity to talk about anything but. On those rare occassions he says something baseball-related, he makes a mountain out of a molehill, he's pompous to an extreme, and he betrays no understanding of the game whatsoever.
Same here. A good example was the "controversy" Thom hammered early on in yesterday's game over where the bat boys sit in Busch Stadium. Yes, we know. It may not be the optimum place for them to sit but is this something we have to listen to Thom carp on for five minutes?

And then there's this gem (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Umpire-tells-Johnny-Cueto-no-he-may-not-wear-t?urn=mlb-wp9127):

Yet, MLB remains firm with players participating in the game: No boys in hoodies on the bases are allowed. And, as Uni Watch also noted, the no-hoodie rule infuriates infuriates! Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman.

[Brennaman] took Tschida to task for excessive nit-pickery. Here's how Brennaman and his broadcast partner, Chris Welsh, assessed the situation (transcript courtesy of [U.W.] reader Mark Dormer):

Welsh: They're going to tell Johnny Cueto that he's not allowed to wear that hoodie [pause] and he's got to put a regular team jacket on.

Brennaman: That is ridiculous!

Welsh: No, that's part of the uniform code.

Brennaman: I know, but that's ridiculous.

Welsh: It's been like it forever.

You tell 'em, Welsh! Chris Welsh used to pitch in the majors and tried pointing out to Brennaman that hoods tend to flap around, and a ball could hit it, or bounce up in there, whatever.

That's Thom spelled T-H-O-M. The 'H' is silent and I was wish he was, too.

Rantly
07-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I would prefer no play by play announcer and Welsh and Day or Pic just discussing the game than Thom in the booth. Goofy as it sounds, I miss George Grande a lot. Granted, he is ridiculous and predictable, but he never ticks me off to the point of hitting mute.

AMEN!