PDA

View Full Version : Road to the Break

I(heart)Freel
07-04-2011, 09:57 AM
The Redlegs embark on a killer stretch of roadies heading into the break, starting with a great matchup tonight with Cueto versus Chris Carpenter's son's dad.

So.... how many wins will they ride into the break?

It's an odd situation, to be sure. With the way everything is jumbled at the top of the Central, winning just 3 might not drop them back at all. But winning four might not gain any ground either.

Edskin
07-04-2011, 12:36 PM
2-5 or worse and I think I'll be very close to throwing in the towel on the season. 5-2 or better and I think I'll have renewed hope and energy or the second half.

Most likely we win 3-4 and tread water heading into the break and I really won't know what to think. I voted 3... I say we lose 2 of 3 in STL and split the 4 in MIL.

TOBTTReds
07-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm hoping that the struggles recently were almost a lack of interest in non-division games. We have 13 games in a row that are going to move the needle in this division. We will have a better idea of where we stand on July 20.

The Voice of IH
07-04-2011, 01:19 PM
We take two of three in St.Louis, three of four in Milwaukee and have the lead going into the ASB.

I hit six because I was feeling froggy and mis-clicked :laugh:

Ghosts of 1990
07-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Lol. He said "Chris Carpenter's son's dad".

_Sir_Charles_
07-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Sweep. 7-0. I decided to take the optimist/delusion approach. :O)

LvJ
07-04-2011, 04:03 PM
If you have been watching only the games and not paying attention to the standings you would think the Reds were 7-10 games back. However, SOMEHOW - everyone else sucks too and we are still in this. Let's sweep the Cardinals again, baby!

WebScorpion
07-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Although the Reds can't seem to make everything click at once yet, the Brewers and the Cardinals don't even have a defense to click. If their pitching or offense falters they are sunk. I think our guys realize the importance of these games and step it up a notch. 5-2. We win 2 in StL and 3 in Milwaukee. :thumbup:

Will M
07-05-2011, 12:26 AM
0-1 so far. the pessimist in me thinks we'll go 1-6 and be toast by the All Star break. then instead of dealing guys who have value (Ramon, Coco) we'll make some cheap insignificant pickup (Edmonds II) and finish 3rd. I'm kinda at a low point in my Castellini era Reds fandom.

kaldaniels
07-05-2011, 01:39 AM
0-1 so far. the pessimist in me thinks we'll go 1-6 and be toast by the All Star break. then instead of dealing guys who have value (Ramon, Coco) we'll make some cheap insignificant pickup (Edmonds II) and finish 3rd. I'm kinda at a low point in my Castellini era Reds fandom.

I sincerely ask...try to hang in there man. Got the whole second half to go.

Will M
07-05-2011, 02:35 AM
I sincerely ask...try to hang in there man. Got the whole second half to go.

thanks!

cumberlandreds
07-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I voted for two. One in St. Louis and one in Milwaukee. The Reds have shown me no reason they are suddenly going to turn it around and go on that hot streak that pull them away from everyone else. Last night, in fact, leads me to think that was probably the beginning of the end. Just absolutley pathetic clutch hitting all season. Reds management knew going into he season LF was a problem; SS was a problem and most likely 3b would be a problem with an aging Rolen. They have sat back and did nothing to improve this team. Not even bring up hitters from AAA that are just killing it down there. You would think by mid season they would know these guys just aren't suddenly going to turn it around. I hope they prove me wrong and they do suddenly turn it around. But I see no reasons whatsoever that they will. I am afraid 4th place is their destiny in 2011.

Edd Roush
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
I went with three. I think we take the Wednesday game against St. Louis and then a couple in Milwaukee. I just wish the Reds would bounce back with renewed vigor after last night's heartbreaker.

OnBaseMachine
07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I think the Reds will get swept in St. Louis and win two in Milwaukee...