PDA

View Full Version : Juan Rivera DFA'd

HalKing
07-04-2011, 02:10 PM
by Toronto... Would you consider him an upgrade over Gomes? Personally I would. I'm not a big Gomes fan so my opinion is scewed. But I think you put Juan Rivera in Great American BandBox and you are likely to get 25-30 hrs over a full season.

mroby85
07-04-2011, 02:38 PM
by Toronto... Would you consider him an upgrade over Gomes? Personally I would. I'm not a big Gomes fan so my opinion is scewed. But I think you put Juan Rivera in Great American BandBox and you are likely to get 25-30 hrs over a full season.

I'd give this guy a shot. He's had some solid years, and he's only 32.

Hillsdale87
07-04-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't really see the point. The reds actually have pretty good depth in the OF. I wouldn't want Rivera as the starting LF, and actually LF has been pretty solid, including Gomes over the last month. In order to jump start the offense, Stubbs and Bruce need to step it up, and I definitely wouldn't want Rivera to replace them

Mutaman
07-04-2011, 10:53 PM
On a day when we were again totally anemic against a right-handed pitcher, I will say it again- this team does not need another right handed hitting outfielder. We need a left handed hitting outfielder. Left handed batters hit right handed pitchers better than right handed batters do. We are hitting
.250 against right handed pitchers, we are hitting over .300 against left handed pitchers. We do not need another righthanded hitting player. Why is this so hard to understand?

mikemo14
07-05-2011, 12:22 AM
We need a bat to hit fourth between Votto and Rolen. Looking back, Berkman would have been perfect. Would prefer it to be righthanded to prevent three lefties in a row. Scott (Warning Track power ) Rolen is no longer a viable middle of the lineup bat.

HalKing
07-05-2011, 12:28 AM
I'd prefer Rivera hitting 4th over Gomes or Rolen. Dusty is determined to do the lefty-righty-lefty thing, so this is why I'd consider signing Rivera. Is he the answer to all the Reds problems? No, but I think he's a better player than Gomes will ever be and he has more left in the tank than Rolen.

nux fan
07-05-2011, 03:10 AM
rolen is washed up, how did he do in the second half last year and the playoffs?