PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle may pitch for Arroyo this week per Sweet

icehole3
07-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Dontrelle was held out because they may need him to pitch for Arroyo later this week, Arroyo had dizzy spells the other day

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110704/SPORTS07/307040068/1036/sports/Devin-Mesoraco-lifts-Bats-over-Clippers-5-4?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

Griffey012
07-05-2011, 07:10 AM
I would really like to see this. Let Arroyo get some extended rest with the All-Star break, and see if Willis is lightning in a bottle. I know it is a long shot, but not totally unfathomable, but if Willis regained his old form that would be as big as big as acquiring a #1 starter.

cumberlandreds
07-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Arroyo is either hurt or sick or both. This is a good time to DL him with the all star break coming up. Hopefully Willis brings a bat too. The Reds need some pop in their lineup.

RedLegSuperStar
07-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I heard Arroyo will start Wednesday.. So I don't think the D-Train is headed to St. Louis

cumberlandreds
07-05-2011, 08:22 AM
I heard Arroyo will start Wednesday.. So I don't think the D-Train is headed to St. Louis

Fay had it in his blog, in the notes section, that Arroyo will start Wednesday.

_Sir_Charles_
07-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I think Bronson will do everything in his power to make sure he sustains his injury-free streak and never missing a start ever.

lollipopcurve
07-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I think Bronson will do everything in his power to make sure he sustains his injury-free streak.

He's not in charge, though you're no doubt right he'll do whatever he can to stay in there.

I hope he gets overruled. The team needs to find out if rest will help him and it needs to find out what they have in Willis. If Willis is solid, they can feel better about pursuing offense, instead of pitching, in trade talks. Time is growing short.

HotCorner
07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Bronson would miss only one start if the Reds put him on the DL retro to 7/2 (day after his last start). He would be eligble to return 7/15 which would be the third game after the AS Break. I think this extended break could be good for him long term especially with all of the medical issues he's dealt with this season (mono, back, dizziness).

traderumor
07-05-2011, 09:45 AM
The Reds are announcing Arroyo today, then they're going to sneak Willis in through the secret tunnel that was discovered during the rain delay of the game when Miguel Batista "started." The roster move will not be announced until after LaSuperGenius turns in his lineup. It's known by the code name "Dusty's Revenge."

toledodan
07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
bronson trying to be superman isn't helping the team. he has been shelled the last few starts by homerun balls. if something is wrong with him he needs to miss a start and not continue to hurt the team. i'm on my way to st. louis now for the final 2 games. give me something to cheer about.

paulrichjr
07-05-2011, 11:51 AM
give me something to cheer about.

If you dig the long ball you should see plenty of it the day Arroyo pitches. :D

Far East
07-05-2011, 01:05 PM
The Reds are announcing Arroyo today, then they're going to sneak Willis in through the secret tunnel that was discovered during the rain delay of the game when Miguel Batista "started." The roster move will not be announced until after LaSuperGenius turns in his lineup. It's known by the code name "Dusty's Revenge."
Willis might be able to neutralize the Cardinal LH batters.

Orenda
07-05-2011, 04:02 PM

we will have to see if lasupergenius worries about what potential pitching changes TheDusty may make after 7/9th of the game is already over. My bet is he stacks up the lefties for the majority of the game despite the possibility of looking foolish when Bray comes in for the 8th.

CrackerJack
07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I would really like to see this. Let Arroyo get some extended rest with the All-Star break, and see if Willis is lightning in a bottle. I know it is a long shot, but not totally unfathomable, but if Willis regained his old form that would be as big as big as acquiring a #1 starter.

I think most know he'll never be what he was, but if he can reproduce his AAA #'s of late, then great, that's better than Arroyo's been for the most part this year.

They should put Bronson in bed for 3 weeks and give him an IV, then a rehab stint, if he's still having mono effects.

westofyou
07-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Arroyo had dizzy spells the other day

Probably stumbled over the fact he's on pace to give up 45 dingers in 190 innings

Raisor
07-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Probably stumbled over the fact he's on pace to give up 45 dingers in 190 innings

Eric Milton only had 40 HR in 2005, but like Bronson he knew how to win!

Kc61
07-05-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm thinking Dontrelle replaces Volquez for his next start in Milwaukee Sunday. Or, possibly, Volquez gets one more chance then Dontrelle replaces him right after the break.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-05-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm thinking Dontrelle replaces Volquez for his next start in Milwaukee Sunday. Or, possibly, Volquez gets one more chance then Dontrelle replaces him right after the break.

What's the point? What, exactly, do we need to see that we haven't already? I said this early in the season and was widely ridiculed, and I'll say it again now: Edinson Volquez is not a major league pitcher.