PDA

View Full Version : Dontrelle Willis move?

RedsFan_26
07-05-2011, 11:25 AM
From mlbtraderumors,
"Dontrelle Willis was scratched from his start for the Louisville Bats tonight, leading to speculation that the Reds are calling him up or he's involved in a trade. Bronson Arroyo has dealt with a back issue this year, so it's possible Willis could take his place in the Reds' rotation for a while."

Any thoughts? Heard anything?

mrherd05
07-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Sounds like he was scratched in case he needed to start for Bronson this week, but Bronson is fine.

brm7675
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
A) No Bronson is not fine and to me this would be a perfect time to DL Bronson, he would only miss 1 start with the all star break coming up.

B) Willis is not a long term solution, but lets see what he can do...

C) Walt and Dusty are to stupid to consider the above.

bshall2105
07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
A) No Bronson is not fine and to me this would be a perfect time to DL Bronson, he would only miss 1 start with the all star break coming up.

B) Willis is not a long term solution, but lets see what he can do...

C) Walt and Dusty are to stupid to consider the above.

What happened to Dontrelle is washed up and shouldn't even be considered for a call up?

brm7675
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
What happened to Dontrelle is washed up and shouldn't even be considered for a call up?

Oh I still agree he is washed up, but this is a 1 start type thing. It gives him a chance to showcase for trade bait, it gives Bronson 2 full weeks off to rest and get ready. No I don't want to see Willis get numerous starts, but I could live with 1.

Natty Redlocks
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Arroyo has never missed a start, ever; I'm sure he's very proud of that streak and wants to keep it going. Dusty will want to let him. They could bring Willis up as quietly as possible, have him ready in the bullpen, and put Arroyo on a short leash.

redsfan1995
07-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Bronson will be starting wednsday per fay.

Old NDN
07-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Arroyo's streak of starts shouldn't even be given any consideration if he starts or not. Putting that kinda feel good/confidence stuff ahead of winning games is what's got this team in the spot they're in. Bottom line is he isn't getting the job done lately. Time to give somebody else a shot.

DocRed
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Hmm...is this true? I didn't realize Arroyo had some some sort of starts streak going on...I coulda sworn he was on the DL a couple years ago....or maybe I am just "misremembering" what I wish would have happened.

brm7675
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Here is just more proof of putting "players" in front of team. This is a team game, I don't give a rats butt about any player achievements. If Bronson is feeling dizzy and such then sit his butt. Again we have to stop looking at I and go with TEAM.

R_Webb18
07-05-2011, 09:44 PM
could it get any worse? might do something. but they obv wont

NatiWolfpack24
07-06-2011, 12:19 AM
This is the shake it up move I wouldn't mind. It's not overreacting, but it's a way to try to inject some life into this team. I'm sorry but Arroyo is done. He's a human pitching machine. D Train isn't going to come into the majors and dominate by any stretch but if you look at how he has been performing this year down in the minors, he has definitely figured something out. I mean he can't do much worse than a 5.49 ERA right?

R_Webb18
07-06-2011, 12:23 AM
This is the shake it up move I wouldn't mind. It's not overreacting, but it's a way to try to inject some life into this team. I'm sorry but Arroyo is done. He's a human pitching machine. D Train isn't going to come into the majors and dominate by any stretch but if you look at how he has been performing this year down in the minors, he has definitely figured something out. I mean he can't do much worse than a 5.49 ERA right?

wrong pitcher

bshall2105
07-06-2011, 12:24 AM

If you look at his recent ML numbers he can do much worse than a 5.49 ERA. Having said that I want to change something about this team so if that means Dontrelle coming up I'll be more than happy to give him a chance.

mikemo14
07-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I say send Volquez out before tomorrows game and call up Wills. If Arroyo struggles early, give him a shot. Volquez needs an extended stay at Louisville with Mario Soto by his side.

R_Webb18
07-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I say send Volquez out before tomorrows game and call up Wills. If Arroyo struggles early, give him a shot. Volquez needs an extended stay at Louisville with Mario Soto by his side.

volquez needs to stay down until he can throw strikes. and not for just 1 game

wlf WV
07-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Hmm...is this true? I didn't realize Arroyo had some some sort of starts streak going on...I coulda sworn he was on the DL a couple years ago....or maybe I am just "misremembering" what I wish would have happened.I thought I heard Welsh or Kelch say Arroyo hadn't missed a start since high school(or maybe even in HS).Amazing.
Arroyo has never missed a start, ever; I'm sure he's very proud of that streak and wants to keep it going. Dusty will want to let him. They could bring Willis up as quietly as possible, have him ready in the bullpen, and put Arroyo on a short leash.Sorry I missed your post.

malcontent
07-06-2011, 01:52 AM
I thought I heard Welsh or Kelch say Arroyo hadn't missed a start since high school(or maybe even in HS).Amazing.Sorry I missed your post.
Well, then it's high time he missed one or two.

I'd like to see the lefties (Willis and Wood) replace Volquez and Arroyo for now.

AintlifeGrande
07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I doubt we ever see Dontrelle in a Reds uniform.

Sean_CaseyRules
07-06-2011, 04:17 PM
T Wood was pushed back a day and DTrain was supposed to start, but according to the official Louisville Bats Twitter, the starter is TBA now.

Old NDN
07-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Well, the D-day is finally here. We get to see if Dontrelle has conquered whatever issues that had hijacked his career. I was excited when the Reds signed him. He's been a favorite of mine for a while and I hope his return is a sucessful one. The Reds sure could use the boost, also. Go get 'em D-Train!!

DocRed
07-10-2011, 11:50 AM
fingers crossed...

Old NDN
07-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Any news on how Willis gets to the 40 man roster? I don't recall seeing it.

Tuff Nut
07-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, the D-day is finally here. We get to see if Dontrelle has conquered whatever issues that had hijacked his career. I was excited when the Reds signed him. He's been a favorite of mine for a while and I hope his return is a sucessful one. The Reds sure could use the boost, also. Go get 'em D-Train!!

:thumbup: I, too, hope he performs well. We all need something to get excited about.

partisan
07-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Any news on how Willis gets to the 40 man roster? I don't recall seeing it.

I'm seeing him on the 40man. Which makes it just a matter of sending Fisher back down, which I believe was the plan all along.

LexRedsFan
07-10-2011, 04:04 PM
F'n Berry....