PDA

View Full Version : This team NEEDS to finish 3rd or worse..

brm7675
07-05-2011, 07:43 PM
It’s sad to say, but I really believe that maybe finishing 3rd or 4th this year might be a good thing. It will force Walt and Dusty to make some changes and attitudes about this team. I really believe they think in their mind that this team as constructed can win. So as of now I think long term…finsishing 3rd or worse might not be a bad thing.

mrherd05
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry man, but thats just flat dumb.

No need to even debate it, its just dumb.

brm7675
07-05-2011, 07:56 PM

How is it dumb? We are looking at going under .500 tonight and yet all Walt and Dusty keep saying is "tread water" "wait till we heat up". At some point a reality check has to happen and if we say finish 2nd a game or so back at the end of the season it won't send home the message that this team has issues that need to be addressed.

Spaxspore
07-05-2011, 07:57 PM
i dont even watch this team play anymore.

Management doesnt care, why should I?

mrherd05
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
What does third place do for you?

Gets less butts in the seats, and tells the owner you dont care.

And to the logic of the guy who doesnt care anymore. Fine. You dont deserve a winner.

Spaxspore
07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
"its fine to tread water"

We get enough of that from the Bengals ownership

I dont need it from the reds

Krawhitham
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM

You are correct

NatiWolfpack24
07-05-2011, 11:14 PM
ID check for OP?

bounty37h
07-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I dont know, guess I am a fan of the team, but I will never root for them to finish third or lower.

brm7675
07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
ID check for OP?

ID check? What do you really think Walt or Dusty are going to make any significant changes to improve this team if they finish better then 3rd?

brm7675
07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I dont know, guess I am a fan of the team, but I will never root for them to finish third or lower.

then you are only rooting for the team to remain the same. Are you okay with what you are seeing right now?

bounty37h
07-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Nope, I am rooting for them to get better and win, isn't that why we watch in the first place. You are giving up and actively wanting them to lose. Your statement breaks down to you would be upset if they right the ship and win out; your agenda on here shows your more anti-dusty then pro-red.

brm7675
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Nope, I am rooting for them to get better and win, isn't that why we watch in the first place. You are giving up and actively wanting them to lose. Your statement breaks down to you would be upset if they right the ship and win out; your agenda on here shows your more anti-dusty then pro-red.

No right now I am anti mang't and coaches. Walt has not done his job, the hitting coach sure as hell isn't doing his, I am not seeing alot of progress in our SP outside of Cueto and Leake, so Price isn't doing his job. Our manager is more concerned with his players "feelings" over wins and maybe if we finish 3rd or worse Bob C. will see changes need to occur.

texasdave
07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
You can never root for your team to lose. That is sancrosanct.

brm7675
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
You can never root for your team to lose. That is sancrosanct.

How is that? If losing now makes them better how is that bad?

Hillsdale87
07-06-2011, 03:29 PM
i dont even watch this team play anymore.

Management doesnt care, why should I?

This sentiment is laughable. Management spent $30MM in the offseason on players and spent $30MM on a pitcher with no track record the year before. One of the most frequent complaints is that Cozart is still in AAA. I don't understand why he's still there, but this is not at all reflective of management not caring. Calling up Cozart is the easiest move that they could make, so there's clearly some reason that he hasn't been called up. I'm not saying that management is necessarily correct. I don't see how Cozart could be worse than what's up here now, but it isn't lack of caring.