PDA

View Full Version : Trades

BAKER12
07-07-2011, 12:00 AM
If the Reds are 6 or more out after this trip will there be trades at the break?
Likely candidates (IMO) Cordero, Hernandez- Sooner the better
Is there a chance Phillips is dealt?
Hate to say it, but we are simply doing the opposite of last year, instead of finding ways to win, we are finding ways to lose.
Before the Baker bashers start, he was the manager when we were finding ways to win in 2010
Hunch here is the team will look a lot different next week

mroby85
07-07-2011, 12:04 AM
If the Reds are 6 or more out after this trip will there be trades at the break?
Likely candidates (IMO) Cordero, Hernandez- Sooner the better
Is there a chance Phillips is dealt?
Hate to say it, but we are simply doing the opposite of last year, instead of finding ways to win, we are finding ways to lose.
Before the Baker bashers start, he was the manager when we were finding ways to win in 2010
Hunch here is the team will look a lot different next week

IMO trading Phillips is the worst thing you could do. He's clearly the 2nd best position player on the team, and if you want to win in the near future you better keep him around. Trading Cordero, and Hernandez would make more sense if you were out of it.

BAKER12
07-07-2011, 12:35 AM
I was saying Phillips, just because of future signability. He is going to be a free agent after 2012 and is in his prime. I love having him, but am thinking down the road. Huge 4 games at Milwaukee coming up, likely will effect how the roster looks next week.

Vottomatic
07-07-2011, 07:46 AM
I'd trade Cordero and Hernandez, hopefully, for some decent prospects.

I'd trade Stubbs, Grandal, and Heisey to LA for Matt Kemp. Trading Cordero and Hernandez frees up $15M and makes taking on Kemp's $6.5M easy. I'm done with Stubbs, but he is a former #1 pick. Grandal is a #1 pick. Heisey is a proven major league outfielder. If we had to throw in Volquez, I'm all for that too. I just want Kemp batting behind Votto.

Bring up Cozart and DFA Renteria.
Bring up Sappelt and let he and Lewis play LF.
Bring up Mesoraco to split time with Hanigan.
Closer by committee.

DocRed
07-07-2011, 10:37 AM
I HATE to see Hernandez go....but his trade value will never be higher. Same with Coco....I would not mind moving either Stubbs or Heisey if the price is right.

texasdave
07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
It will be interesting to see what Walt does at the deadline. I think trading Cordero and Hernandez are no-brainers if the organization is going to follow its stated course of building a team that consistently competes. It doesn't even matter where the Reds are in the standings. A small-market team cannot let its assets simply walk without getting something in return. Stay tuned.

izzy's dad
07-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I would think Cordero would bring a decent return. Hernandez a quality prospect, nothing special. But I agree that both should be moved.

DocRed
07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I would think Cordero would bring a decent return. Hernandez a quality prospect, nothing special. But I agree that both should be moved.

They also need to trade Coco before he blows another few saves :X

ntorvik
07-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Coco and Hernandez are the two most viable options in terms of players we can deal. We have Mesoraco just hanging in the minors and we could find a closer in our 'pen. I still wouldn't mind getting a guy like JJ Hardy, what about Beltran from the Mets? The Mets have also talked about trading K-Rod, but I wouldn't want him.