PDA

View Full Version : Just another page in the book

brm7675
07-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Sitting there watching last nights game I came to the conclusion that no addition or subtraction of players is going to make a difference this year. So I say go with what we have and enjoy baseball with the hope that as the season continues and crapola happens Walt is building a book of reason to take to Bob in the offseason to show Why Dusty and some other coaches need to go.

Natty Redlocks
07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Sitting there watching last nights game I came to the conclusion that no addition or subtraction of players is going to make a difference this year. So I say go with what we have and enjoy baseball with the hope that as the season continues and crapola happens Walt is building a book of reason to take to Bob in the offseason to show Why Dusty and some other coaches need to go.

This. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I'm just happy there's no strike or lockout crap in baseball right now. And even though they're frustrating to watch, the Reds aren't terrible. After so many seasons that would be long over by now, it's nice to have a team that still has a chance.

BAKER12
07-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Considering Walt put this team together and by all accounts he and Dusty are very tight, the idea of him throwing Dusty and the staff under the bus makes no sense. In Oakland and St. Louis Walt rarely made staff changes (even when idiot fans were begging him to) and the results speak for themeselves.

Roush's socks
07-10-2011, 01:52 AM
The schedule is going to get way easier after August 1st. Right now they are going through a real tough stretch. It seems like forever since they've played a push over team like the Astros.

The Pirates on the other hand have a very difficult 2nd half with 32 games remaining against the Reds, Brewers and Cardinals.

If Bruce could hit more consistently it would make a big difference. When he is on a hot streak the Reds have 2 legit elite hitters with Votto.

How about Ramon Hernandez who has the highest slugging percentage on the entire team. He is on pace to hit 20 HR's not even playing full time.

bounty37h
07-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Mods, can we get a pinned thread for BRM to whine about Dusty on-it has to be alot of pressure for him to keep coming up with thread titles bashing him.

Vottomatic
07-11-2011, 01:05 PM

Matt Kemp and Felix Hernandez wouldn't help?

This thread has no merit.

Reds cannot afford those guys. But to say added guys like that wouldn't help is just ridiculous.

brm7675
07-11-2011, 01:11 PM

Reds cannot afford those guys. But to say added guys like that wouldn't help is just ridiculous.

No they wouldn't help because again Dusty would still mismanage the team. You can look at the past 7 game 2-5 road trip and see that we had the talent to go 4-3 or even 5-2 on that trip, but due to horrible managing we went 2-5. You can have all the talent in the world, if it is not used right, you still won't win.

webbbj
07-11-2011, 01:45 PM

why on earth would you think felix is gonna be available? kemp probably is restricted from trade as well.