PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea

joe51391
07-10-2011, 06:46 PM
With this bullpen there is absolutly no reason to have one closer in fact i hate the idea of just one closer on a team it is dumb that it makes zero since. If you are in the 8th inning with the 3 4 and 5 hitters up and they are left left right chapman and brey take on the lefties and someone else take on the righty thats the save right there. Look at all the other reds teams of the past 90 team had the nasty boys, the 70's teams had capt. hook as the manager, but the one thing those teams had was a deep bullpen an no one closer. This team has just as good bullpen as those but Dusty dosen't know how to use them. Just look at the last few games. Sparky would have won those games because as soon as coco started walking 1st batters he seen and couldn't find the strike zone he would've had someone in the pen warming up and done what it would take to win the game. So in my eyes its dusty's fault for keeping him in there when he clearly didn't have it.

Krawhitham
07-10-2011, 06:57 PM
closer by committee never works

NEVER

joe51391
07-10-2011, 06:59 PM
like i said name a championship reds team that had a full time closer

DocRed
07-10-2011, 07:34 PM
nm

bshall2105
07-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm fine with Cordero closing most of the time, what I don't like is that when he clearly has nothing in the tank Baker just sits back and doesn't even consider taking him out of the game.

I noticed today when Cordero was having another meltdown Baker just sat back, popped in another toothpick, and adjusted his wristbands. The name Nick Masset probably never crossed his mind today.

redcat
07-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm fine with Cordero closing most of the time, what I don't like is that when he clearly has nothing in the tank Baker just sits back and doesn't even consider taking him out of the game.

I noticed today when Cordero was having another meltdown Baker just sat back, popped in another toothpick, and adjusted his wristbands. The name Nick Masset probably never crossed his mind today.

Baker acts like there is some magic barrier that he can't cross to take Cordero out of a game when it is obvious that he doesn't have the stuff to get batters out.

It was that way all weekend, and Toothpick just sat there waiting for the losses.

redram
07-10-2011, 09:16 PM

I don't blame Cordero for this blow save however he is responsible for the last two. That being said I am so tired of Baker and his bonehead moves and non moves it just blows my mind. How could he even think about using Cordero today. These last two series we should have won at least three more games. These games were lost because of Baker and his misuse of the Bullpen. I know all the Bakers Lovers will say Dusty is not the one throwing the ball, but he is the one putting in guys that should not be in there and leaving in guys when it is obvious they don't have it. The loses in this series would make any Reds fan want to throw up. I am tired of seeing the other team celebrate walkoff wins against us, and it has happened all to often this year.

Vottomatic
07-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Dusty is afraid to hurt Cordero's poor wittle fweelings. Meanwhile, the rest of the team suffers because of it.