PDA

View Full Version : Three Ball Walk (Part Deux)

reds1869
07-11-2011, 01:53 PM
If you thought the Reds have seen some bad breaks this year, how about this? For the second time this month, Seattle had an opposing batter reach base on only three balls!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=6755154

RedFanAlways1966
07-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Just unbelievable to me that someone (anybody!) on the Mariners team/bench does not have a clue on the count. Especially the pitcher and catcher who factor in the count when determining the pitch and intended location.

The umpire has no excuse (except being human). But with 30 some people wearing a Seattle uniform... someone needs to get a clue.

jojo
07-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Just unbelievable to me that someone (anybody!) on the Mariners team/bench does not have a clue on the count. Especially the pitcher and catcher who factor in the count when determining the pitch and intended location.

The umpire has no excuse (except being human). But with 30 some people wearing a Seattle uniform... someone needs to get a clue.

Apparently Wedge not only knew, but he was alright with it....

Roy Tucker
07-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I thought the title of this thread was a punchline to a joke. ;)

George Anderson
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Letting a batter walk on three balls is embarrasing but not nearly as embarrasing as punching out a batter on strike 2.:rolleyes:

VR
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Pretty lame quote by Wedge.....I think covering a bit for missing another one.

At least this one was on the road. Having your home scoreboard operator botch the count to the opponent's favor is wildly incompetent.