PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 7/13/11 minor league updates

cinreds21
07-14-2011, 01:31 AM
RHP David Johnson will join the Double-A Carolina Mudcats Thursday. RHP Pat Doyle was sent down to Low-A Dayton.

Mudcats win 2-1 thanks to a two-run bomb by Felix Perez. They are on a five game winning streak and sit 1.5 games back of the first-placed Chattanooga Lookouts.

HokieRed
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Outstanding performance last night by Rhadames Quezada for Billings. 5 innings/6 hits/1ER/1W/10K's. Developing line for the season is looking very interesting: 24 innings over his 5 starts/ 3.75 ERA/ 29K to only 7W/ 1HR/ and a 1.93 GO to AO. What's anybody know about his stuff?

mace
07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Outstanding performance last night by Rhadames Quezada for Billings. 5 innings/6 hits/1ER/1W/10K's. Developing line for the season is looking very interesting: 24 innings over his 5 starts/ 3.75 ERA/ 29K to only 7W/ 1HR/ and a 1.93 GO to AO. What's anybody know about his stuff?

In that game, Juan Silva went 5 for 5 with a HR. A couple years ago, Silva was a fairly promising prospect. He slipped off the radar last year. Hopefully, he's reappearing.

Robert Maddox was 4 for 6 with a walkoff HR in the 10th.

mace
07-14-2011, 03:09 PM
RHP David Johnson will join the Double-A Carolina Mudcats Thursday. RHP Pat Doyle was sent down to Low-A Dayton.

Mudcats win 2-1 thanks to a two-run bomb by Felix Perez. They are on a five game winning streak and sit 1.5 games back of the first-placed Chattanooga Lookouts.

It appears that the organization has done a decent job of reinventing the Carolina club for the second half of the season. That team was truly dreadful in the first half, but is now 10-9 in the second. A while back, there was no way the Mudcats would win a 2-1 game.

I wonder if Matt Fairel will be joining the rotation soon, since he had a rehab start in Arizona. Jordan Hotchkiss would also help. Any word on his timetable?

cinreds21
07-14-2011, 05:51 PM
It appears that the organization has done a decent job of reinventing the Carolina club for the second half of the season. That team was truly dreadful in the first half, but is now 10-9 in the second. A while back, there was no way the Mudcats would win a 2-1 game.

I wonder if Matt Fairel will be joining the rotation soon, since he had a rehab start in Arizona. Jordan Hotchkiss would also help. Any word on his timetable?

Fairel could be back by August. I've talked to him about once a week the past few weeks, getting updates. I don't think he has a timetable or is hoping for one but I could see him being in Carolina somewhat soon. I haven't heard anything on Hotchkiss.