PDA

View Full Version : Pick the2011 MLB Division Winners

Ron Madden
07-14-2011, 04:36 AM
Let's try this again since my last attempt at this thread disappeared. ;)

As we head into the second half of the 2011 season, here's your chance to step up and make your predictions public.

Any know-it-all can wait until October and claim the season turned out exactly like they expected.

Remember this... there is less shame in being wrong than there is in being afraid to make a prediction and then sayin' you knew it all along.

Here we go. I'll stand by my preseason picks.

NLE- Philadelphia
NLC- Milwaukee
NLW San Francisco
WC- Atlanta

ALE-Boston
ALC-Chicago
ALW-Texas
WC- New York

Hope I'm wrong, I'd love nothing better than for the Reds to win it all.

Ron Madden
07-14-2011, 04:42 AM
I don't know what happend. Can one of the Mods Please move this thread to the ORG?

Thank You.

cumberlandreds
07-14-2011, 07:33 AM

As we head into the second half of the 2011 season, here's your chance to step up and make your predictions public.

Any know-it-all can wait until October and claim the season turned out exactly like they expected.

Remember this... there is less shame in being wrong than there is in being afraid to make a prediction and then sayin' you knew it all along.

NLE- Philadelphia
NLC- Milwaukee
NLW San Francisco
WC- Atlanta

ALE-Boston
ALC-Chicago
ALW-Texas
WC- New York

I agree with all of your picks except the AL central. I think the Indians will win that one. I believe their pitching is better than the rest of that division.

mth123
07-14-2011, 08:11 AM

NLE- Philadelphia
NLC- Milwaukee
NLW San Francisco
WC- Atlanta

ALE-Boston
ALC-Chicago
ALW-Texas
WC- New York

Agree with the NL. in the AL, I'll take Detroit in the Central. Its Justin Verlander's year and I think they'll get a bat.

Ghosts of 1990
07-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Do I have to? This will make me sad :(

Edd Roush
07-14-2011, 01:40 PM
NLE- Philadelphia: I think the offense will actually pick up in the second half and they will be clearly the best NL team come October.
NLC- Cincinnati: Still haven't lost the faith. I like the chances of Bailey to provide much more in the second half and for Stubbs to really step up.
NLW San Francisco: By far the best team in their division
WC- Atlanta: Great ball club and I really believe its Philly, SF and Atlanta as the premier class in the NL and then everyone else

ALE-Boston: Great ballclub would run away with any division other than either of the East divisions
ALC-Detroit: Don't know why, but that is what my gut is saying. Just think Cleveland is too young to do it, especially without Choo
ALW-Texas: Great offense
WC- New York: Great ballclub who could make noise in the post-season, as always.

RedsManRick
07-14-2011, 02:16 PM
NLE: Philadelphia -- The class of the NL, without question
NLC: Milwaukee -- Brewers have the strongest 25 man roster and are clearly all-in
NLW: Arizona -- Giants hoping to catch lightning in a bottle twice, but 25-12 record in 1 run games will not continue
WC: Atlanta -- Probably the 2nd best team in the NL. Rotation is underrated and offense should perk up with a healthy Hewyard (and a regressing Uggla)

ALE: Boston -- Best team in baseball. Position players have 3.5 more WAR (~15% more) than any other team in baseball, despite getting below replacement performance from Crawford. John Lackey has been weak link but not as bad as his ERA suggests.
ALC: Detroit -- Rotation has underperformed, though most well-rounded team in the division. Quietly pushing hard for Beltran. If Dunn and Rios bounce back, Sox are gonna be tough to hold off -- Sox chances remind me of the Reds -- non-zero, but not as good as people think. Overcoming a 5 game deficit to two teams isn't easy.
ALW:Texas -- Nobody has been talking about Ian Kinsler, but they should. He's one of the 10 best position players in the AL. Angels are intriguing, but their offense is crap.
WC: New York -- I'm actually down on the Yankees. Relying on Colon and Garcia is a recipe for disaster. But if something goes wrong, I fully expect them to fix it in the trade market.

The Voice of IH
07-14-2011, 05:38 PM
NL East- Atalanta Braves
NL Central- Cincinnati Reds
NL East- Arizona Diamond Backs
NL Wild Card- Philadelphia Phillies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
AL East- New York Yankees
AL Central- Detroit Tigers
AL West- Texas Rangers
AL Wild Card- Boston Red Sox

Edd Roush
07-15-2011, 09:58 AM
NL East- Atalanta Braves
NL Central- Cincinnati Reds
NL East- Arizona Diamond Backs
NL Wild Card- Philadelphia Phillies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
AL East- New York Yankees
AL Central- Detroit Tigers
AL West- Texas Rangers
AL Wild Card- Boston Red Sox

Didn't realize that Arizona was in the East ;)

I just still can't buy them as legit contenders with the Giants pitching staff and a lot of talent in Colorado. I see them similarly to the Pirates: teams that will see major regression in the second half.

RichRed
07-15-2011, 10:32 AM
My original post was deleted but I remember I agreed with "Homer Bailey's" picks:

AL East - Red Sox
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - Rangers

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - Reds
NL West - Giants

Wild cards - Yankees, Braves

Ghosts of 1990
07-15-2011, 10:40 AM
The optimism of a few is making me happy and increasing my own optimism

Edd Roush
07-15-2011, 10:53 AM
The optimism of a few is making me happy and increasing my own optimism

Off topic a little, but I have been telling all of the Reds' fans around the office that the Reds are going to sweep the Cardinals. It's just a feeling I have. I am sure I will pay for my optimism on Monday.

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
NL East - Phils
NL Central - Brew Crew
NL West - G-men
NL WC - Bravos

NLCS - Phils over Crew in 5

AL East - Bronx Bombers
AL Central - Tribe
AL West - Rangers
AL WC - Sons of Sam

ALCS - Sons of Sam over Tribe in 7

World Series - Sons of Sam over Phils in 6

* I couldn't think of any nickname for the Rangers. Or one for the Rays or Blue Jays either.