PDA

View Full Version : Reds Rotation Going Into the Second Half

The Voice of IH
07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Via Jim Day Twitter
Cueto, Arroyo, Bailey, Willis, Leake

I find it sad that our [at least] second best pitcher is pitching in the five spot, but I can get over it I guess. Nice to see Willis get another start after a pretty good performance last weekend.

mth123
07-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Johnny Cueto and pray for a Tornado.

Here's hoping that Bailey stays healthy, Leake's innings limit doesn't get him, Arroyo returns to 2010 form (even without the great luck from last year) and Willis provides a nice come back story.

This is an area where I'd love to see a quality addition, but its also an area that could suddenly be much improved without doing anything. Whatever happens, the results need to be a lot better or the team is doomed for 2011.

PuffyPig
07-14-2011, 06:00 PM
The rankings of 1-5 are pretty irrelevant since all will pitch the same number of games, more or less.

It's not like #5 is getting passed over.

May be a way to give Leake a longer rest since he's increasing his innings more than the rest.

Plus I think they are trying to slot them so the other teams get different looks every night.

reds44
07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah I still think they are a little concerned with Leaker's innings.

And think of it this way, after the first time through Leake and Cueto go back to back.

The Voice of IH
07-14-2011, 10:07 PM
yeah, I was just being cynical.

I am not sure about Bronson Arroyo, hopefully he can get out of the funk. Him and Willis is easily the biggest question IMHO