PDA

View Full Version : Willing to really shake it up...

brm7675
07-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Okay we need a jolt...so I say Walt needs to get on the phone with Houston and offer them:

Stubbs/Homer/Yonder

we get

Pence/Wandy Rodriquez

Houston gets their OF replacement for Pence, who is also a Texas boy to build around, they get Homer who is also a Texan and a new First basemen. We get our leadoff guy and CF and another lefty to put into the rotation.

cincyforever
07-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Gotta give to get. Pence would be sweet in a Cincy uni.

NorrisHopper30
07-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Hell no.

mroby85
07-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Okay we need a jolt...so I say Walt needs to get on the phone with Houston and offer them:

Stubbs/Homer/Yonder

we get

Pence/Wandy Rodriquez

Houston gets their OF replacement for Pence, who is also a Texas boy to build around, they get Homer who is also a Texan and a new First basemen. We get our leadoff guy and CF and another lefty to put into the rotation.

I don't think Hunter Pence would be hitting leadoff for the Reds. I don't really like this trade a lot, but I wouldn't be upset if they made it either. I'd like it to at least appear like they're trying to address their issues.

JayBruceFan
07-14-2011, 07:39 PM
A few thoughts:
Houston doesn't need a 1B (See Wallace, Brett)
Wandy is better than Homer
Pence is equal to, if not better than, Stubbs

R_Webb18
07-14-2011, 07:50 PM
A few thoughts:

pence is a lot better

peteredwardrose
07-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Gotta give to get. Pence would be sweet in a Cincy uni.

This would be stupid stubbs will get it going plus he is possibly the besr defensive CF in national league get rid of homer leep yonder because votto will be in stripes or redsox soon! We need someone to step in

izzy's dad
07-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Yonder Alonso and Brett Wallace are very similar players in both age and ability. Stubbs plays very good defense in a premium defensive position, Pence would hit 4th and sucks defensively. Wandy is a solid pitcher, but doesn't put the Reds over the top. I would be more than happy to get Pence and Rodriguez, but I think the trade would look more like this: Reds get Hunter Pence and Wandy Rodriguez, Astros get Drew Stubbs, Homer Bailey, Travis Wood, and a B level prospect. Pence would play left and hit 4th, Heisey would then play center and lead off. Rodriguez would be the second best pitcher on the staff behind Cueto. Not sure if I do the deal, but I would consider it. Stubbs being the only piece I didn't want to trade.

brm7675
07-14-2011, 08:01 PM
A few thoughts:

Alonzo can play LF also
Depends on whom you ask...
right now, but Stubbs is cheaper, younger I believe and a hometown boy

brm7675
07-14-2011, 08:01 PM
This would be stupid stubbs will get it going plus he is possibly the besr defensive CF in national league get rid of homer leep yonder because votto will be in stripes or redsox soon! We need someone to step in

Yankees and Red Sox don't need him and you can't leave Yonder in the minors for another 2-3 years...

brm7675
07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Hell no.

why?

AWA85
07-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Alonzo can play LF also
Depends on whom you ask...
right now, but Stubbs is cheaper, younger I believe and a hometown boy

Not to call you out BRM, but can we at least spell our top prospects names right. ALONSO, no Z people.

wlf WV
07-14-2011, 09:14 PM
This GM has not overpaid for anything yet.I don't worry about over paying.

Krawhitham
07-14-2011, 10:21 PM

Stubbs/Homer/Yonder

we get

Pence/Wandy Rodriquez

astros would turn it down

bshall2105
07-14-2011, 11:12 PM

Stubbs/Homer/Yonder

we get

Pence/Wandy Rodriquez

Rodriguez is too old for us because we need to be worrying more about the next few years rather than taking the Brewers approach.

I would love to get Pence but we would have to give up quite a bit and if we did get Pence he'd be hitting 4th.

R_Webb18
07-14-2011, 11:40 PM
if we did get pence and some how could keep stubbs the order would go

stubbs
bp
votto
pence
bruce
rolen
cozart
catcher
p

Girevik
07-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Rodriguez is too old for us because we need to be worrying more about the next few years rather than taking the Brewers approach.

I disagree. The Reds are likely to lose both Votto and Phillips over the next few years. They need to do what it takes to get to the big time NOW. Who knows when the stars may alighn like this again?