PDA

View Full Version : Most hated/disliked players past/present from ORG

will5979
07-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Whom are you most hated players past/present and why? I'll break my up into non-Reds and Reds...I was born in 79, so I really don't have a hatred for the Dodgers like most other Reds fans, my hatred is for the Cubs, Cards, Braves, Indians, and Red Sox in that order.

Non-Reds

1. The entire 1990s Atlanta Braves roster sans Deion Sanders, Steve Avery, and Mark Wohlers, only because I really liked them as Reds. I despise the Braves and everything about them, always have always will...bandwagon team of the 90s, thank you Yankees for taking away the title of team of the 90s from them in 96 and 99.

2. Prince Fielder-there is something about this guy I have never liked, probably because he is a FAT pro athlete, I'm not kidding either, fat pro athletes piss me off, unless they are NFL lineman.

3. Albert Belle-one of the biggest jackasses of the 90s.

4. Dave Stewart for his sore loser ass coments following the 90 Series, yeah overall the A's may have been the better team, but in that October they were not, and Cincy has the trophy to prove it, like Chris Sabo said, "No one can say this is a fluke, we won the blowouts, we one the close ones, we are BETTER than them right now!"

5. "Steroid" McGwire-or McGwar as all the ho-dung po-dungs called him. His HR record still gags me to this day, I was estatic when Bonds broke it! I know he used roids as well!

6. Jose Conseco-just never liked the guy, his cockiness maybe...

7. Yadi Molina-any questions?

8. Bob Feller-due to his hatred for Pete Rose, screw that old boy scout!

9. Big Papi or whatever his name is, because he is fat, a Red Sox, and part of a bandwagon following.

10. GayRod-I never liked this prick, even when he was a Mariner.

Most disliked Reds-I say disliked because it is hard to hate anyone wearing a Reds uni, so dislike will do.

1. Jim Edmonds-obvious reasons.

2. Sean Casey-most overrated .300 hitter we ever had, never a clutch hitter, left way to many RISP.

3. Reggie Sanders-1995 NLCS, I'll never forgive you for making me cry after game 1, I knew the series was lost after that loss.

4. Dusty Baker-the man can't manage, loved him last year, can't stand him this year.

5. Ron Gant-Reds took a chance on him when no one else wanted him, then ran to the Cardinals for more money, ass.

6. Paul Wilson-I get nightmares just thinking about this d0ucheb@g being our ace, and who was that Cub that gave him a bloody nose? :lol: Farnsworth maybe?

7. Daren Lewis

8. Mark Portugal

9. Dave Burba-because these 3 costs the Reds the 1995 World Series, Deion Sanders was the missing link that year, Schourek, Smiley, and Wells was more than enough to carry them through the postseason, Sanders would have scored runs against Atlanta a la the great Barry Larkin.

10. 1977 Reds Front Office-before my time but why on God's Green Earth would you begin to dismantle the best offensive NL team of all time? With Perez not being traded and Gullet being resigned the Reds could have probably 4 or 5 or 6 peated, hell maybe 7.

There I'm done, sorry I'm bored.

texasdave
07-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Barry Bonds. Nobody else comes close.

40YrRedsFan
07-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I really can't think of a player I hated, even though I couldn't stand Rickey Henderson and his arrogance and attitude. He might have been a great player, but it was like him rubbing your nose in it when he succeeded.

40YrRedsFan
07-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Today, I really don't like Yadier Molina. Quite a different attitude from his brothers, Benjie and Jose.

izzy's dad
07-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I second the Yadier Molina hatred. Anyone with a neck tattoo not named Josh Hamilton is automatic.

Chris Carpenter= a$$ hat

Jim Edmonds

Edinson Volquez,

Hunter Pence, no real motivation other than I can't stand his stupid mouth breathing face.

Sammy Sosa, juiced, corked bat, sudden loss of ability to speak english...

Bill Hall, mostly because he always seemed to get big hits against the Reds

Roger Clemens

Mike Brown... oops, sorry, he is just someone I hate. No relation to the Reds.

foxfire123
07-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Puhols, Molina, Holliday, Berkman... I *could* probably like Rasmus and Jon Jay if they weren't on the Cardinals team.

Outside of the Cardinals, I'm not a fan of Zambrano, Bonds or Clemons

On the Reds/Former Reds--I intensely disliked Encarnacion. And am currently not particularly fond of a certain closer right now....

BurgervilleBuck
07-15-2011, 08:09 PM
In no particular order:

Jim freaking Edmonds -- too many reasons to list.
Yadier Molina -- Because he's the whiniest of the WLB.
Barry Bonds & Mark McGuire -- Juicers
Ray Knight -- For sucker punching Eric Davis in 1986.

Krawhitham
07-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Reggie Sanders is one of my favorite Reds, Larkin is #1. Votto for the current players

Players I dislike
EV, Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Manny, Big Mac, Pujols

In the last 20-30 years the only player I can remember liking that was not a Red was Frank Thomas

bshall2105
07-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Am I the only person that actually likes Bonds? The guy was exciting to watch when he actually had a chance to swing the bat.

webbbj
07-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Am I the only person that actually likes Bonds? The guy was exciting to watch when he actually had a chance to swing the bat.

i agree big bonds fan, greatest ever. Also find it funny people hate on a guy for using roids when baseball didnt even test for the stuff, i respect bonds even more for that and that he just didnt give a **** about anyone.

will5979
07-16-2011, 12:06 AM

I was a Bonds fan as well, loved it when he broke McGwire's and Aaron's records...and the roids deal? What about all the pitchers that were juiced that he hit the HRs off of?

ervinsm84
07-16-2011, 12:08 AM
I hated bonds, but more of hes so good I respect hate him. More of the way I hated berkman when he was an astro, bc bonds and berkman seemed to destroy the reds more than just about anyone, and for good reason.

always despised Jim edmonds throughout his career, not just bc of recent stuff. Great player, but he was the king of making a routine play look 2x more difficult than it really was for the TV.

Chris Carpenter annoys me

Im probably the only one, but when i was little i hated ozzie smith bc hed always end up starting at SS over larkin, even though barry was a lot better at that point in both players careers.

Roger Clemens

Derek Jeter: most overrated SS ever, and should have been the one to move to 3rd, not A-Rod, if he really was a true team player.

Larry, Chipper Jones always struck me as one of the cockiest ******s out there

bounty37h
07-18-2011, 11:21 AM
i agree big bonds fan, greatest ever. Also find it funny people hate on a guy for using roids when baseball didnt even test for the stuff, i respect bonds even more for that and that he just didnt give a **** about anyone.

Need some follow up, you resepcted him even more for doing something illegal simply cause they didnt test for doing something illegal?

Todd Gack
07-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Reggie Sanders is one of my favorite Reds, Larkin is #1. Votto for the current players

Players I dislike
EV, Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Manny, Big Mac, Pujols

In the last 20-30 years the only player I can remember liking that was not a Red was Frank Thomas

Sanders performance in the '95 NLCS automatically qualifies him as a Top 3 most hated Reds player.

nux fan
07-18-2011, 11:41 AM
danny graves for blowing the wild card race

jrandal9
07-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Favorite past Red, Dave Concepcion current favorite would be Jay Bruce and his walk-off to clinch the central will forever be in my mind.

Most Hated players:
Priss Carpenter
Yadier Molina
Francisco Cordero. My wife's grandfather does the best impression of him on the mound.

CrosleyField
07-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Most hated - Molina

Favorite Reds - Bruce and Phillips

All Time Favorite Reds - Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan

All Time Least Favorite Opponent - Steve Garvey

Hillsdale87
07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I always hated Bagwell. Not really sure why, but I just hated him. Same with Berkman. Something about them just annoyed me.

PhillipsHead
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Sean Casey? You disliked SEAN....CASEY?!?!?! The mayor? One of the best hitting, coolest guys on the planet you'll ever meet? Yea...you're done...

Krawhitham
07-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I was a Bonds fan as well, loved it when he broke McGwire's and Aaron's records...and the roids deal? What about all the pitchers that were juiced that he hit the HRs off of?

juiced pitchers led to more HRs, something to do with physics

Krawhitham
07-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Sean Casey? You disliked SEAN....CASEY?!?!?! The mayor? One of the best hitting, coolest guys on the planet you'll ever meet? Yea...you're done...

I never could stand the human double play machine either

nux fan
07-18-2011, 03:25 PM
he was grossly overrated with very few rbi's

Vottomatic
07-18-2011, 04:24 PM
1. Chrissy Carpenter
2. Tony LaDrunka
3. Yada Yada Yadier Molina
4. The ignoramous player who yelled at Cordero for accidentally hitting Pujols
5. Bonds, McGwire, Sosa
6. GayRod
7. The entire Yankees organization
8. Scott Boras
9. Mike Brown
10. Dusty Faker
11. Willy Tavares, Corey Patterson, Renteria
12. Carlos Fisher
13. Felipe Lopez
14. Whoever fired Don Gullett as pitching coach - he never had anything to work with
15. The Red Sox

drowg14
07-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Most hated (no particular order)
Bonds, ARod, McGwire, Sosa, Berkman, Clemens, Ryan Howard, Jeter, Yadier, Carpenter, Edmonds

Oh, and Lebron James. Not because he left Ohio for Miami. I have always hated Lebron James since he was at St. Vincent St. Mary's.

All Time Favorite Reds
Larkin (all time favorite athlete ever), Casey, Eric Davis, Adam Rosales (dude was awesome). Favorite current reds are BP, Bruce, Votto
Sadly I am too young to have watched the likes of Rose, Morgan, Bench, etc..

Vottomatic
07-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Most hated (no particular order)
Bonds, ARod, McGwire, Sosa, Berkman, Clemens, Ryan Howard, Jeter, Yadier, Carpenter, Edmonds

Oh, and Lebron James. Not because he left Ohio for Miami. I have always hated Lebron James since he was at St. Vincent St. Mary's.

All Time Favorite Reds
Larkin (all time favorite athlete ever), Casey, Eric Davis, Adam Rosales (dude was awesome). Favorite current reds are BP, Bruce, Votto
Sadly I am too young to have watched the likes of Rose, Morgan, Bench, etc..

My favorite Reds of all time in no particular order:
1. Mario Soto
2. Jose Rijo
3. Gary Redus
4. Eric Davis
5. Tony Perez
6. Randy Myers
7. Norm Charlton
8. Pedro Borbon
9. Sparky Anderson
10. Lou Piniella
11. Davey Johnson & Jack McKeon
12. Nick Esasky
13. Paul O'Neill
14. Chris Sabo
15. Joey Votto
16. Brandon Phillips
17. Johnny Cueto

webbbj
07-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Need some follow up, you resepcted him even more for doing something illegal simply cause they didnt test for doing something illegal?

maybe respect is a wrong use of words but i think baseball is pretty hypocritical for black balling a group of players for using steroids when they MLB was able to profit off of it and they didnt police it.

So i think its silly to that alot of pple hate on bonds, mcgwire, sosa for using roids, which according to baseball (by having no testing/embracing it) was no big deal to them until Jose Canseco turned it into something.

i think we have a bunch pple that think these players played unfairly when they didnt. everyone had a chance to use roids if they chose. its not the players responsibility to police themselves if baseball wanted the game policed they should have done something about it.

now these guys could possibly not make the hall, undeservedly so.

Pete4prez
07-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Jim Edmunds, Chris Carpenter

10xWSChamps
07-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Puhols, Molina, Holliday, Berkman... I *could* probably like Rasmus and Jon Jay if they weren't on the Cardinals team.

Outside of the Cardinals, I'm not a fan of Zambrano, Bonds or Clemons

On the Reds/Former Reds--I intensely disliked Encarnacion. And am currently not particularly fond of a certain closer right now....

How can you not like Berkman? He's one of the most likeable guys in the sport. Just cause he wanted to be a Cardinal?

10xWSChamps
07-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Geovany Soto - I hate him because he's so smug after 1 nice year. I love that he sucks and has returned to being the crappy player everyone thought he would be in the minors.

Brandon Phillips - Would probably like him if he were on the Cardinals. However, he insults the Cardinals players and fans, call them all names. Talks smack about St Louis. Instigates a fight with our team. Seems like a fun loving guy otherwise, too bad he is a ****** about all things Cardinals.

Jonny Cueto - For ending the career of a Cardinal. At least it was only LaRue.

Alex Rodrigez - In it for the money. A great player who is never great when it counts. Seems like a real jerk

Brian Wilson - I hate his beard and extremely weird personality

Players I don't really hate personally, but hate the things they do:

Ryan Franklin - For being so awful and for his stupid beard

Bronson Arroyo - That awful leg kick, it annoys the hell out of me and I don't know why

Ryan Dempster - Along the same lines as Arroyo. If you combined Arroyo's little diva leg kick and Dempster's ADD glove twist you would have the most un-watchable player in the MLB. Both seem like fine guys, but with awful quirks

Skip Schumaker - It's not as retardedly quirky as Arroyo or Dempster's things, but having to watch him step out of the batters box and adjust his gloves after every pitch for 120+ games is really annoying

I used to hate Zambrano, then I learned to love him. His contract hurts the Cubs. He gets hurt a lot. Blows up on the mound (in more ways then one) and embarrasses the Cubs organization. Is such a hot head that it is almost laughable. Gets in fist fights with fellow players. Is a frustrating enigma for Cubs fans. Has to be one of the most frustrating players in Cubs history for them, and for that I have grown to like him. Kind of the same with Jim Hendry. Only the Cubs can spend 130m+ and have a terrible team with only one good player, and he's a rookie.

I hate the Yankees radio and TV announcers. I want to vomit when I hear "An a-bomb from a-rod" and "THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN. THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE+EEEE YANKEEEEESSSS WIIIIIN". I hate Marty Brennamen for being the grumpiest old man you'll ever hear announcing a sport. If you think I hate people, I've got nothing on Marty!

drowg14
07-19-2011, 01:13 AM
How can you not like Berkman? He's one of the most likeable guys in the sport. Just cause he wanted to be a Cardinal?

I hate Berkman because he has destroyed us over his career. Beyond that I don't know much about him :)

bounty37h
07-19-2011, 11:08 AM
maybe respect is a wrong use of words but i think baseball is pretty hypocritical for black balling a group of players for using steroids when they MLB was able to profit off of it and they didnt police it.

So i think its silly to that alot of pple hate on bonds, mcgwire, sosa for using roids, which according to baseball (by having no testing/embracing it) was no big deal to them until Jose Canseco turned it into something.

i think we have a bunch pple that think these players played unfairly when they didnt. everyone had a chance to use roids if they chose. its not the players responsibility to police themselves if baseball wanted the game policed they should have done something about it.

now these guys could possibly not make the hall, undeservedly so.

OK, I see where you were going and agree, to a degree, I think baseball turned its back on the problem and that created the true problem. However, steroids were illegal period, so can see why they didnt feel need to have a set rule. There is no baseball rule you cant shoot a fielder in the knee cap as its already a law and should be understood. And I dont think its fair to the "clean" players to say they could have used them too-it shouldn't be on them to suffer cause they played clean. And those players were cheaters, if they didn't realize what they were doing was wrong, why work so hard to cover it all up?

bounty37h
07-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Geovany Soto - I hate him because he's so smug after 1 nice year. I love that he sucks and has returned to being the crappy player everyone thought he would be in the minors.
I can agree with that
Brandon Phillips - Would probably like him if he were on the Cardinals. However, he insults the Cardinals players and fans, call them all names. Talks smack about St Louis. Instigates a fight with our team. Seems like a fun loving guy otherwise, too bad he is a ****** about all things Cardinals.
So, what did he say that wasnt true though? Called a spot a spot IMO.

Jonny Cueto - For ending the career of a Cardinal. At least it was only LaRue.
Haha, Did you watch him play, his career was long in the crapper, this was just loroosas excuse to finally get rid of him.
Alex Rodrigez - In it for the money. A great player who is never great when it counts. Seems like a real jerk
100% strongly agree
Brian Wilson - I hate his beard and extremely weird personality

Players I don't really hate personally, but hate the things they do:

Ryan Franklin - For being so awful and for his stupid beard

Bronson Arroyo - That awful leg kick, it annoys the hell out of me and I don't know why

Ryan Dempster - Along the same lines as Arroyo. If you combined Arroyo's little diva leg kick and Dempster's ADD glove twist you would have the most un-watchable player in the MLB. Both seem like fine guys, but with awful quirks

Skip Schumaker - It's not as retardedly quirky as Arroyo or Dempster's things, but having to watch him step out of the batters box and adjust his gloves after every pitch for 120+ games is really annoying

I used to hate Zambrano, then I learned to love him. His contract hurts the Cubs. He gets hurt a lot. Blows up on the mound (in more ways then one) and embarrasses the Cubs organization. Is such a hot head that it is almost laughable. Gets in fist fights with fellow players. Is a frustrating enigma for Cubs fans. Has to be one of the most frustrating players in Cubs history for them, and for that I have grown to like him. Kind of the same with Jim Hendry. Only the Cubs can spend 130m+ and have a terrible team with only one good player, and he's a rookie.

I hate the Yankees radio and TV announcers. I want to vomit when I hear "An a-bomb from a-rod" and "THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN. THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE+EEEE YANKEEEEESSSS WIIIIIN". I hate Marty Brennamen for being the grumpiest old man you'll ever hear announcing a sport. If you think I hate people, I've got nothing on Marty!

So, just curious, what do you think of your own color guys who said on air they wished someone would let a ball through and bean Phillips in the side of the head earlier this season?

justincredible
07-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Chris Carpenter and Yadier Molina are without a doubt at the top of the list right now.

Others that I just don't like:

Zambrano - my wife and a group of her friends ended up hanging out with him (and Carridad?) at the bar one night last season when the Cubs were in town. She said he was one of the creepiest guys she has ever met. Also, cheap. $18mil/yr and he only bought the group 1 drink. :)

Berkman - I don't like his fat head and Little Debbie figure. He just annoys me to look at. Like a walking candy apple (Seinfeld reference).

Pujols - I only don't like that he gets a free pass on things that most people are called out for (watching homeruns and the like). It personally doesn't bother me that he (or anyone) does it, I just get annoyed that it's generally acceptable for him to do it but no one else.

10xWSChamps
07-19-2011, 12:41 PM
So, just curious, what do you think of your own color guys who said on air they wished someone would let a ball through and bean Phillips in the side of the head earlier this season?

Who said it? That's terrible if they did.

Although I'm sure that much worse has been wished upon Brandon in the St Louis area :D

It was probably Hrabosky. He says stupid things all the time.

bounty37h
07-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Who said it? That's terrible if they did.

Although I'm sure that much worse has been wished upon Brandon in the St Louis area :D

It was probably Hrabosky. He says stupid things all the time.

Not sure, it was the first series of the season at St Louis, they had alreayd rehashed last year to death and then brought the whole thing back up again when Phillips got on first, and one of the guys said something about him stealing, said he wishes whoever fields the throw would somehow miss it and it beans Phillips in the head.

foxfire123
07-19-2011, 04:02 PM

I hate Marty Brennamen for being the grumpiest old man you'll ever hear announcing a sport. If you think I hate people, I've got nothing on Marty!

Admit it, you just don't like people who tell the truth about the Cardinals eh?

10xWSChamps
07-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Not sure, it was the first series of the season at St Louis, they had alreayd rehashed last year to death and then brought the whole thing back up again when Phillips got on first, and one of the guys said something about him stealing, said he wishes whoever fields the throw would somehow miss it and it beans Phillips in the head.

Not callin you a liar... but that seems little hard to believe. I would have to hear it for myself.

Admit it, you just don't like people who tell the truth about the Cardinals eh?

When did Soto talk smack on the Cards? News to me if he did.

Shocker, I know, that a Cardinals fan would dislike Brandon Phillips!

As for Brennamen, what has he said about the Cards either? I don't listen to him to be honest, I've just heard replays of his tirades against other teams or players. I would enjoy reading his comments on the Cardinals though if you can find them.

bounty37h
07-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Not callin you a liar... but that seems little hard to believe. I would have to hear it for myself.
[B]Understand, I was so amazed he said it I wouldnt have believed it myself, than thats what really made me wonder where tony was coming from crying a month or so later about Marty when his team is promoting intentional beiangin on the air. Of course when your coaches are screaming the same kind of thing at the players on the field I guess I shouldnt expect the team to hold anyone accountable, just find someone else to blame.
When did Soto talk smack on the Cards? News to me if he did.

Shocker, I know, that a Cardinals fan would dislike Brandon Phillips!

As for Brennamen, what has he said about the Cards either? I don't listen to him to be honest, I've just heard replays of his tirades against other teams or players. I would enjoy reading his comments on the Cardinals though if you can find them.

Ray Lankford
07-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Hehe, So much hatred for Carpenter. I can understand that, I suppose. Here in Stl we like him because he gives %110 all the time, and makes no excuses when he pitches a subpar game. But yes, he is angry on the mound and pitches with a chip on his shoulder.

I love the rivalry between the Reds and cardinals now, and both sides seem to honestly believe that the other team 'started it'

Anywho, I hated the 90's braves, because of their crazy pitching and the expanded strike zone that followed it. I never liked Andres Galarraga. Always hated bonds, ever since he was a little skinny Pirate.

Here in stl we dont boo many people, ive seen more booing of Cueto and Phillips than I've seen in the last 10 years or so, but this is a pretty good article of who we hate in STL if anyone is interested. Top 7 most hated players at Busch Stadium

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/STLSports/STLSportsBlog/tabid/196/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/5086/Top-7-Most-Hated-Players-at-Busch-Stadium.aspx

Captain13
07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't hate anyone, but my least favorite person to ever don a Reds uniform is (and I hope I don't get killed for this) Peter Edward Rose. His arrogance and lying and complete disregard for fans and integrity just turn me off. It may also be some of the "bigger they are, the harder they fall" because as a youth he was one of my three favorite Reds. I have just grown to despise Rose...

jwmann2
07-26-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't hate anybody. People hated John Rocker but you gotta love how he inspired Kenny Powers to come to life! I dislike teams as a whole. Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox and all of their bandwagon followers.

Reds
07-26-2011, 02:42 AM
Didn't see Sosa mentioned. Sammy was cocky and a showboating fraud.