PDA

View Full Version : I Hate This Team

redssince75
07-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Bases loaded, 1 out. Nothing.
Bases loaded, 0 outs. Nothing.
I don't even care if we come back and win. This is by far the most frustrating Reds team I have seen in nearly 40 years of following them.

Even the bad teams didn't choke in the late innings game after game after game after game...they were just bad.

I officially hate this year's team.

AintlifeGrande
07-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Yes I'm mad as well.I held my arms up high pleading to the baseball Gods to let us get some runs with bases juiced,to no avail.I have just quit feeling anything for this team.Too much stress,and they just dont have it this year.If they win,they win,if they dont,they dont.Like a poster wrote on an ORG thread,the next two weeks can decide the fate of this team.

Newman4
07-15-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree. I certainly do not hate the franchise, but I hate this team, this year. They seem to all have this laid-back, care free attitude that disturbs me. I know this might be an isolated example, but after the Pujols homer, Votto is on first smiling and laughing with Berkman. Could you really see the 1990 Reds or the BRM horsing around with the enemy during the game against the team ahead of you in the standings? I really can't see Pete or Johnny joking around with Steve Garvey during the game. Losing to the Cardinals is unacceptable and the attitude of this team does not convey that.

AintlifeGrande
07-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Pulled a rabbit out of the hat tonight.Thank God for Philips.

Spaxspore
07-15-2011, 10:27 PM
amen to that

will5979
07-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Could BP have possibly just saved the season?

Spaxspore
07-15-2011, 10:35 PM
we will find out soon enough.. the wild card is dusty

izzy's dad
07-15-2011, 10:36 PM
I too hate this te... (Brandon Phillips hits a two run walk off home run) nope, I still love this team. This team is like dating a really hot, really ****ty chick. You want to quit on them every time they break your heart, but then you have wild make up sex(walk off homers, etc...) and everything is ok, until...

Spaxspore
07-15-2011, 10:39 PM
wow that analogy is perfect... i feel the same way.

Newman4
07-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Could BP have possibly just saved the season? I think you're exactly right. There is hope for the rest of the series too with StL using lots of relief pitching tonight.

bigredmechanism
07-15-2011, 10:43 PM
I love this team.

ervinsm84
07-15-2011, 11:47 PM
I agree. I certainly do not hate the franchise, but I hate this team, this year. They seem to all have this laid-back, care free attitude that disturbs me. I know this might be an isolated example, but after the Pujols homer, Votto is on first smiling and laughing with Berkman. Could you really see the 1990 Reds or the BRM horsing around with the enemy during the game against the team ahead of you in the standings? I really can't see Pete or Johnny joking around with Steve Garvey during the game. Losing to the Cardinals is unacceptable and the attitude of this team does not convey that.

Yea clearly this team doesnt want it enough. Obv they just need to want it more and play with more grit, anger, and passion. Guys just don't care enough these days :rolleyes:

webbbj
07-15-2011, 11:49 PM
hard to hate a team with the best +/- in the division.

will5979
07-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Yea clearly this team doesnt want it enough. Obv they just need to want it more and play with more grit, anger, and passion. Guys just don't care enough these days :rolleyes:

People like Scott Boras has ruined the players and their loyalties to teams. A modern MLB player's loyalty lies only with the almighty dollar.

NCCardfan
07-16-2011, 07:18 AM
People like Scott Boras has ruined the players and their loyalties to teams. A modern MLB player's loyalty lies only with the almighty dollar.

^^^^THIS^^^^

It's not like any of us would be able to survive on that minimum wage that the MLB has set up, how many of us could think to suffer a paycut to $414,000.00 a year, they all need to be making $20 MIL:confused::confused:

Kinda makes me :bang::bang::bang: to see how spoiled they are, I get the talent and hard work deal and it really is but come on folks, mortgage the house so a family of 4 can go to a game these days is insanity to me. JMO

CrosleyField
07-16-2011, 07:43 AM
I really can't see Pete or Johnny joking around with Steve Garvey during the game. Losing to the Cardinals is unacceptable and the attitude of this team does not convey that.

In interviews about game 6 of the 1975 World Series everyone asks Pete why he wasn't upset when the Reds lost the game and why he was smiling. To paraprhase him, he felt like he had just played in the greatest game ever and happy to be a part of it. He also said he knew that they would win game 7.

I guess our players could be more like Molina and start a fracas when someone says hello.

Newman4
07-16-2011, 07:47 AM
It's not to the "take my talents to South Beach" level yet, but I do honestly believe that some guys are starting to see the dollar signs too clearly. If they don't there is scum like Boras running around that will gladly point them in the wrong direction.

will5979
07-16-2011, 08:01 AM
It's not to the "take my talents to South Beach" level yet, but I do honestly believe that some guys are starting to see the dollar signs too clearly. If they don't there is scum like Boras running around that will gladly point them in the wrong direction.

I really think Joey will resign after the contract is up, but rest assured eventually he will give in and be in pinstripes, Sox, Phillies, or Braves uni by 2016-18, be through contract up in Cincy, or a trade i.e. salary dump.

^^^ This is why we need to go ahead and trade Alonso, Votto WILL be here at least another 3-5 seasons after 2013.

will5979
07-16-2011, 08:04 AM
In interviews about game 6 of the 1975 World Series everyone asks Pete why he wasn't upset when the Reds lost the game and why he was smiling. To paraprhase him, he felt like he had just played in the greatest game ever and happy to be a part of it. He also said he knew that they would win game 7.

I guess our players could be more like Molina and start a fracas when someone says hello.

Apples and oranges there buddy. The Big Red Machine knew they were that damn good, they knew they had the World Series won and Game 6 was just the Red Sox's night.

This team doesn't realize yet how good it truely is, some guys haven't yet peaked on this team. It is just sad that eventually when they peak Scott Rolen will literally be out of gas in his career.

CrosleyField
07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
You don't have to have a frown on your face to compete.

nux fan
07-16-2011, 10:05 AM
early in the year when masset was off baker used him constantly now that he is on, baker uses him sporadically

wvreds
07-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Dusty is the Wild Card as much as Cordero:laugh:

webbbj
07-16-2011, 11:54 AM

boras is scum for doing his job at an uber elite level?

players shouldnt go to where they can get paid the most or atleast fairly?

pple are speculating what will happen with Votto 2 1/2 years before anything happens?

He probably plays out his contract, listens to offers from everyone, the reds will probably throw out an offer below the big markets and just hope he stays.

Anyway loyalty is overrated. if a guy wants to live in a nicer city, with more options, for more money id congratulate him. you dont bust ur azz for so long to start settling into a place just for the sake of being loyal, you do whats best for you your family and what you want to do b/c you now can.

redssince75
07-16-2011, 01:42 PM
hard to hate a team with the best +/- in the division.

Boy talk about missing the point......having the best +/- in the division with the 4th-best record in the division IS the frustrating part. Failing over and over and over again in close games, especially late (on both offense and defense) IS the part I hate.

Last night was an exception.....they'll have to do that a few more times, and cut out the bases-loaded-no-runs crap, to get me back.

NCCardfan
07-16-2011, 04:52 PM

BP has told every catcher in every game I've seen him in say 'hello' during his first at-bat, lots of players do that and Yadi doesn't react to it.
When the first game of that series started, none of the players had been told about what BP said - he may have mentioned it in the Reds locker room and none of us will truly know who knew about it before the game on the day BP called the Cardinals (a female animal, usually a canine)es. The Cardinal team learned about the comments after that game.
The next night, BP came up to bat and said 'hello'. That was not the day to say anything. How 'bout I call you what he said and show up the next day and say 'hello'. You probably would introduce my face to your fist and I'd deserve it.

All I'm saying is that when BP 'spoke' to Yadi, he said "I'm not your (female animal, usually a canine) and had positions been reversed you would have expected Hannagan to say the same thing. Should BP have said it - probably not but I do admire his spunk for doing so. I've read some of the things he does and have gained a lot of respect for him in the last few months but he did do a 'foot in the mouth' moment during the interview. To say that he " Hates the Cardinals" was ok by me but he's better than the name calling part. JMHO

ervinsm84
07-16-2011, 07:10 PM

this is so lol. everyone wants to act like their own era of baseball they grew up watching was pure.

cobb was a racist, bigoted, biggest pos scum bag out there. black people were kept out of the sport for forever. rose is/was one of the biggest *******s to ever play the game, and that doesn't even get into the betting on baseball. free agency and players wanting more money isnt a new thing. reggie jackson didn't always play for the yankees.

but, without any real evidence that this reds.team does not play hard and care enough, were just glorifying the past and rewriting history. just bc lil pete or johnny bench was your childhood hero and they won a couple titles, nothing any reds player can do will matter to people like this till they get to the same pt.

my dad used to tell me stories about how close the big red machine was before 75 & 76. . they were given the label of chokers and cant win the big game blah blah.

the idea that they knew with certainty theyd won game7 is comical. im sure they had confidence, but if they play thatgame 7 over 100 times, its not like the reds would have won 99

redssince75
07-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Are we trying to set some kind of FREAKING WORLD RECORD for not scoring in an inning (any more) with bases loaded and 0 or 1 out?

Un
freaking
believable.

LexRedsFan
07-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Tonight is a perfect example of the frustration with this team. All momentum from last night: Squandered.

No back to back wins in a month...and counting.

will5979
07-17-2011, 11:44 PM
the idea that they knew with certainty theyd won game7 is comical. im sure they had confidence, but if they play thatgame 7 over 100 times, its not like the reds would have won 99

By God they sure won it didn't they?

bounty37h
07-18-2011, 10:33 AM
BP has told every catcher in every game I've seen him in say 'hello' during his first at-bat, lots of players do that and Yadi doesn't react to it.
When the first game of that series started, none of the players had been told about what BP said - he may have mentioned it in the Reds locker room and none of us will truly know who knew about it before the game on the day BP called the Cardinals (a female animal, usually a canine)es. The Cardinal team learned about the comments after that game.
The next night, BP came up to bat and said 'hello'. That was not the day to say anything. How 'bout I call you what he said and show up the next day and say 'hello'. You probably would introduce my face to your fist and I'd deserve it.

All I'm saying is that when BP 'spoke' to Yadi, he said "I'm not your (female animal, usually a canine) and had positions been reversed you would have expected Hannagan to say the same thing. Should BP have said it - probably not but I do admire his spunk for doing so. I've read some of the things he does and have gained a lot of respect for him in the last few months but he did do a 'foot in the mouth' moment during the interview. To say that he " Hates the Cardinals" was ok by me but he's better than the name calling part. JMHO

But even when its so true?