PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Arroyo Still A SP?

NatiWolfpack24
07-16-2011, 10:05 PM
His only value was an inning eater but if you wear down 5 innings deep you aren't an asset to this team. I hope the team realizes this guys ship has sailed as a SP.

mroby85
07-16-2011, 10:11 PM
His only value was an inning eater but if you wear down 5 innings deep you aren't an asset to this team. I hope the team realizes this guys ship has sailed as a SP.

He pitched pretty well tonight imo, gave up a 3 run bomb to Pujols. Offense blew chances.

10xWSChamps
07-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I don't think he pitched badly either. That HR by Albert was low and away, he had to reach to hit it

redsfanmia
07-17-2011, 09:02 AM
The dude has mono and is still a quaility pitcher. Brantley nailed last night let him go his 6 innings and take him out.

Newman4
07-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Maybe the Red Sox and/or Yankees will agree that he pitches well and take on that expensive extension.

DocRed
07-17-2011, 09:59 AM
because he makes to much to be a reliever...

Kevin1476
07-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't think Bronson was the problem tonight for a change. It is our hitting with guys on base. We need a bat really bad to protect Votto. I am also for bringing Mesoraco up and keeping Cozart in the line up. I still don't understand changing the line up after a big W the night before. They were still facing a right hand pitcher.

mikemo14
07-17-2011, 01:50 PM
The fact that Arroyo's velocity has been off two or three miles per hour all year long, should tell Dusty and Walt that he needs a rest. Put him on the 15 day DL, let him rest for three or four starts, and then see where he is at. We are already hampered by a third baseman that can apparently only play two days in a row,and gives us very little production, we can't really afford a pitcher, and I admire Arroyo for the effort ,who runs out of steam after five innings each game.

Vottomatic
07-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I thought he pitched fine. The HR hit by Pujols was lucky. The pitch wasn't even in the strike zone.

Arroyo is the Tom Browning of the current era. He gives you innings, and he's pretty much a .500 pitcher in terms of wins/losses.

Natty Redlocks
07-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I thought he pitched fine. The HR hit by Pujols was lucky. The pitch wasn't even in the strike zone.

Arroyo is the Tom Browning of the current era. He gives you innings, and he's pretty much a .500 pitcher in terms of wins/losses.

Well he can pitch that perfect game any old time then