PDA

View Full Version : Player Introduction Songs

nismoredlegs
07-16-2011, 11:33 PM
I've searched and seen threads on the Reds introduction songs and listened to 700wlw on this a couple months ago. What are some interesting songs that would be out of the norm or just great songs that players around the League use.

At tonights game, Chris Carpenter used "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" by the Platters. Pretty unique, not the usual pump up song, but musical taste is different for all.

Another Cardinal, I forget his name but he had "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. Great song that I wish I could here at a ball game, it would give me chills.

-Keith

mroby85
07-16-2011, 11:39 PM
All I know is I was getting sick of Rickie Weeks walkup during the Milwaukee series. It was starting to make me cringe like a horror film or something every time it started playing, lol.

Wonderful Monds
07-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't think opposing players usually get songs. Carpenter got that song because whoever is charge of that at GABP played it as a joke after he threw a fit about smoke being on the field after a HR earlier this year.

Newman4
07-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Renteria's song is the only reason I care to see him come to bat. They play the song and then its downhill from there.;)