PDA

View Full Version : Ryan LaMarre

Blitz Dorsey
07-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Now up to .295 with 33 steals for Bakersfield. Bats in the two hole and plays CF.

Perhaps he's not the "second-round bust" that many feared earlier this season. Not saying he's great, but it's good to see him turn it around and have a good season.

Superdude
07-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Some power would be nice, but after Cozart, Mesoraco, Sappelt, etc, this organization seems to have a good idea of how to tap into power potential. I think that part of his game will show up eventually.

Blitz Dorsey
07-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Some power would be nice, but after Cozart, Mesoraco, Sappelt, etc, this organization seems to have a good idea of how to tap into power potential. I think that part of his game will show up eventually.

Yeah, I agree ... he lacks in the power department. But he's got a lot more speed than I thought. Either that, or he's just a great baserunner.

MikeS21
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I agree ... he lacks in the power department. But he's got a lot more speed than I thought. Either that, or he's just a great baserunner.
Drew Stubbs has a lack of power as well. Does LaMarre strike out as much as Stubbs?

Superdude
07-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Drew Stubbs has a lack of power as well. Does LaMarre strike out as much as Stubbs?

Not quite as much. He's not exactly Torreyes either though.

fearofpopvol1
07-18-2011, 01:55 AM

How do you figure? There are only 9 CFs in the majors that have more home runs than Stubbs as of now. I'd say that's pretty solid. And when Stubbs hits a homer, they are usually no doubters.

dougdirt
07-18-2011, 03:49 AM

He has more speed than you thought. He is a plus runner.

MikeS21
07-19-2011, 09:55 AM
How do you figure? There are only 9 CFs in the majors that have more home runs than Stubbs as of now. I'd say that's pretty solid. And when Stubbs hits a homer, they are usually no doubters.
That is my point, exactly. When Stubbs was in the minors, everyone kept talking about his lack of power. He has done fine.

LaMarre had a pretty severe wrist injury in college that may just now be healing completely. He will never be Babe Ruth, but if he can give you a decent OBP and put up 15 dingers, and play good defense in CF, then he will be fine. His speed alone ought to earn him some SLG points.

KoryMac5
07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Stubbs doesn't lack power he lacks contact.