PDA

View Full Version : Here's my bet

joe51391
07-17-2011, 11:34 PM
I bet Cozart won't start tomarrow he had to good of a game and rentaria is 2 for 67 against the next pitcher

BAKER12
07-18-2011, 12:00 AM
My bet is, no matter what lineup is selected by Dusty and Chris Speier that the people on this board will be outraged.

nux fan
07-18-2011, 01:21 AM
they are outraged because they should be outraged, what other "manager" continues to run a .210 hitter in left field, continued to play Janish for months batting. 200 and is a complete dolt about bullpen handling

BAKER12
07-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Your hatred is comical

Vottomatic
07-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Your hatred is comical

And so is your lack of common sense.

izzy's dad
07-18-2011, 08:08 AM
I have tried to support Dusty's decision making for a long time. Granted, most of it stems to our mutual connection to the Marine Corps. However, this season has been very difficult to defend. The team plays with little to no urgency, and at times looks disinterested. It doesn't take a genius to see that Cozart at this point in his career is a vastly superior option at short than Renteria. Is it Dusty's fault that Walt signed Edgar? No, it isn't. But Cozart should play every day, every single day. No exceptions. I don't believe Dusty is a dumb person. He is a very good baseball guy. But I am begining to question his ability to effectively "manage" a ball club. He is a players manager, this much is clear, I am not sure that this team needs a guy like that behind the wheel. A managers first priority should be to put his guys in the best position to win. I don't think Dusty has done that this year.

BAKER12
07-18-2011, 08:52 AM
And so is your lack of common sense.

Good one:thumbup:

Hillsdale87
07-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Dusty is a flawed manager, but he's also significantly better than most give him credit for. He bats Gomes against lefties, and he is the best hitter against lefties... Dusty played Janish because Cozart wasn't up here. Since he's been called up he's played consistently.

Natty Redlocks
07-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I have tried to support Dusty's decision making for a long time. Granted, most of it stems to our mutual connection to the Marine Corps. However, this season has been very difficult to defend. The team plays with little to no urgency, and at times looks disinterested. It doesn't take a genius to see that Cozart at this point in his career is a vastly superior option at short than Renteria. Is it Dusty's fault that Walt signed Edgar? No, it isn't. But Cozart should play every day, every single day. No exceptions. I don't believe Dusty is a dumb person. He is a very good baseball guy. But I am begining to question his ability to effectively "manage" a ball club. He is a players manager, this much is clear, I am not sure that this team needs a guy like that behind the wheel. A managers first priority should be to put his guys in the best position to win. I don't think Dusty has done that this year.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I assume most GMs work with their managers to some degree when deciding which players they think will fit in well on their team. Renteria has Dusty written all over him; and the fact that he will apparently never ever ever give up on him just bears that out. We better hope Dontrelle pitches well, because I know Baker's been wanting that guy on his team for years, too.

I do agree with you that Dusty has some good qualities, but I couldn't agree more that he is not getting the most out of this team, and I think it is absolutely because there appears to be no accountability-- for him, or his players.

Stray
07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Renteria was penciled in as the starter for game 2 before the start of the series. He hadn't started a game in 8 days and Dusty usually doesn't let players go that long between starts.

We called Cozart up to be the everyday SS and that is what he'll be, minus the spot starts for Renteria/Janish whoever is backup at the time. Just like people didn't believe Janish was the starting SS until 2 months into the season, I wonder how long it will take to realize it is Cozart's job.

redram
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Man I can see getting this worked up if the lineup was posted but at least wait until it is posted before you start griping about it.

CrosleyField
07-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Renteria is my least favorite player on the roster. He is the one player that I cannot figure out why in any way. An experienced infielder signed to be the utility man who want play anything but shortstop. Come on!

markymark69
07-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I want to see Cozart play too, but of course the original poster failed to mention that Renteria did have two hits the other night against Carpenter. Sorry, to confuse everybody with facts.

R_Webb18
07-18-2011, 03:29 PM
btw u are wrong

BurgervilleBuck
07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I bet Cozart won't start tomarrow he had to good of a game and rentaria is 2 for 67 against the next pitcher

"Tomorrow" and Renteria starting: two things you got wrong (http://ramsey.mlblogs.com/2011/07/18/tonights-lineup-whos-your-reds-pick-to-click-36/).