PDA

View Full Version : Morosi on Reds

wvreds
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Jon Morosi says the reds are looking for a high end starter and/ or middle reliever leading up to deadline. Check out his Twitter He has a list of players the reds are discussing.... I must warn you there is one name on there I cringed over lol.... please give thoughts [url]http://bit.ly/plIXJN Link now posted

Girevik
07-19-2011, 03:27 PM
For thos of us cromagen who don't tweet, can somoene provide a hightlight of the list?

I still think they need a bat more than an arm, but there just don't seem to be any to be had. Darn you, Mets, for deciding to try to resign Reys.

wvreds
07-19-2011, 03:30 PM
I posted a link it will take you to list

CrosleyField
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
No thanks.

brm7675
07-19-2011, 04:44 PM
***WARNING....WARNING...WARNING....BEFORE READING BELOW PLEASE BE ADVISED AN URGE TO HURL MAY FOLLOW READIN OF THIS INFO...****

From the tweet spoken of:

Meanwhile, sources said, the Reds have had internal discussions about a number of middle and setup relievers. The list includes Jim Johnson and Koji Uehara of the Baltimore Orioles; Jason Isringhausen of the New York Mets; Jason Frasor of the Toronto Blue Jays; and Todd Coffey of the Washington Nationals.

Cincinnati general manager Walt Jocketty is familiar with Isringhausen from their time together with the St. Louis Cardinals, and Isringhausen pitched in the Cincinnati system last year. Coffey was originally drafted by the Reds and pitched for them from 2005-08.

Seattle Mariners closer Brandon League is another intriguing option, since he could take over as the Reds’ closer in the event Francisco Cordero departs as a free agent after this season

Red Raindog
07-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Jon Morosi says the reds are looking for a high end starter and/ or middle reliever leading up to deadline. Check out his Twitter He has a list of players the reds are discussing.... I must warn you there is one name on there I cringed over lol.... please give thoughts [url]http://bit.ly/plIXJN Link now posted

no thanks -- if it does not have alcohol in it = I only drink tea now

redram
07-19-2011, 07:55 PM
All the pitching in the world won't help if we can't score. If they get Coffey back then that tells us the mentality of this ownership. This would cause such an uproar with the fans they may storm Walt's house with torches of fire :)

Vottomatic
07-19-2011, 09:09 PM
If they get Coffey back, they'll have to increase their budget for the player buffets.

Getting Coffey makes me cringe too.

redcat
07-19-2011, 11:01 PM
If they get Coffey back, they ought to go ahead and send out the posse to find David Wells too.

Vottomatic
07-19-2011, 11:05 PM
They're going to trade for Coffey, sign Prince Fielder in the offseason, and find all the fat guys they can for this team. Fat is in.

jwmann2
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
We need better starters. Wish we still had Harang to tell you the truth. Our pitching arsenal is just so young. I'm pretty happy with our middle relievers. And no thanks on Coffey.