PDA

View Full Version : Reds look at Figgins, Crisp

BuckWild03
07-19-2011, 04:52 PM
http://danny-knobler.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8590096/30717444

Even as they've strongly pursued Colorado's Ubaldo Jimenez and have looked into Houston's Wandy Rodriguez, the Reds have expanded their search for a new leadoff hitter, as well.

The two names that currently interest them, according to sources: Seattle's Chone Figgins and Oakland's Coco Crisp.

Todd Gack
07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Figgins and Crisp have a combined OBP of .542.

That should end all trade speculation right there.

BuckWild03
07-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Figgins simply hasn't produced since being dealt to the Mariners...but if they're willing to eat most of his salary and package him with say King Felix or Brandon League....eh, I'm just saying...

TheBigLebowski
07-19-2011, 05:38 PM
I will set fire to GABP if we deal for Chone Figgins.

izzy's dad
07-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Overpriced, overhyped, washed up vets? Sounds like a Walt target to me.

bshall2105
07-19-2011, 05:53 PM
After reading that I have never felt better about the direction the Reds are going.

Jr's Boy
07-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I will set fire to GABP if we deal for Chone Figgins.

:D

Jr's Boy
07-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I understand the leadoff part,but how about a cleanup hitter to protect Votto,muchless a hitter who wont leave RISP!

texasdave
07-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Overpriced, overhyped, washed up vets? Sounds like a Walt target to me.

Dusty is licking his chops as well.

Natty Redlocks
07-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I'd keep an open mind on Figgins.

TheBigLebowski
07-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I'd keep an open mind on Figgins.

He's quite possibly the worst positional player in all of baseball. But hey, if we can live through Corey Patterson and Willy Tavares, we can survive Chone Figgins horrible play and awful first name, right? After all, the name of the game when one is a Reds or Bengals fan is building character.

Jr's Boy
07-19-2011, 06:28 PM
He's quite possibly the worst positional player in all of baseball. But hey, if we can live through Corey Patterson and Willy Tavares, we can survive Chone Figgins horrible play and awful first name, right? After all, the name of the game when one is a Reds or Bengals fan is building character.

figgins old,and could be washed up.However,alot of players who came there via FA dont pan out.Maybe I'm wrong?

Natty Redlocks
07-19-2011, 06:29 PM

Figgins was pretty good before he went to Seattle. My guess is he's completely uncomfortable there. No one wanted Rolen either, but he just hated Toronto. If Figgins happened, I'd wait and see before having a hissy fit.

Kevin1476
07-19-2011, 06:39 PM
I think we have a Figgins or Crisp down at Louisville in Sappelt . His numbers are starting to come back up after his MIA for Oblique injury. I want a "BAT" to protect Votto. I would take Ludwick at this point. We make this Morton guy out to be the second coming of Roy Oswalt.

izzy's dad
07-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I think we have a Figgins or Crisp down at Louisville in Sappelt . His numbers are starting to come back up after his MIA for Oblique injury. I want a "BAT" to protect Votto. I would take Ludwick at this point. We make this Morton guy out to be the second coming of Roy Oswalt.

Yep

FireDusty
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
It's all here now.

Walt & Dusty are looking at the AAA guys stats over the last 40 at bats and thinking that nobody that plays outfield is hot enough.

Foolish.

texasdave
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I am wondering if this sudden interest in Figgins might portend that Rolen's injury is a little more serious than they are letting on?

Kevin1476
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
I am wondering if this sudden interest in Figgins might portend that Rolen's injury is a little more serious than they are letting on?

Never thought of it that way, but good point! I would say 3B is an area where we just cannot get somebody from the minors.

Krawhitham
07-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Figgins and Crisp have a combined OBP of .542.

That should end all trade speculation right there.

Crisp .723 ops in the last 30 days

Figgins .178 ops in last 30 days

Tuff Nut
07-19-2011, 08:35 PM
If Rolen is done, then why not go after a couple Rays'? They are about toast in the AM. East, are looking to downsize, and have some good talent, they may be willing to unload, for the right offer. How 'bout Longoria and Price for Alonso, Francisco, Volquez, Wood(only because he is rumored in other trades. I personally would keep him, and offer Bailey, but hey) and possibly 2 other MiLers, or Lewis and another MiL.

kg112686
07-19-2011, 08:56 PM
If Rolen is done, then why not go after a couple Rays'? They are about toast in the AM. East, are looking to downsize, and have some good talent, they may be willing to unload, for the right offer. How 'bout Longoria and Price for Alonso, Francisco, Volquez, Wood(only because he is rumored in other trades. I personally would keep him, and offer Bailey, but hey) and possibly 2 other MiLers, or Lewis and another MiL.

would absolutely NEVER happen

Krawhitham
07-19-2011, 09:02 PM

add about 4 more Reds and the Rays might answer the phone

Vottomatic
07-19-2011, 09:02 PM

Longoria is the Derek Jeter of the Rays. They will never trade him in his prime.

Red Raindog
07-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Leake at 3B?

:D

bshall2105
07-19-2011, 09:03 PM

That is the most one sided deal I have ever seen on here

Vottomatic
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
http://danny-knobler.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8590096/30717444

Geez. This organization went from hopeful to a trainwreck in 9 to 12 months. I never dreamed they would be this pathetic on the field and in the front office.

I thought this Figgins thread was a joke at first. Now I realize that Reds management is the joke.

Girevik
07-20-2011, 09:34 AM
I understand the leadoff part,but how about a cleanup hitter to protect Votto,muchless a hitter who wont leave RISP!

Getting a realy leadoff hitter would allow you to move Stubbs down, where I think he would florish. He may not be an ideal cleanup hitter, but I think he'd do much better in the 5-6 hole, and provide some protection for Votto.

BAKER12
07-20-2011, 10:45 AM
EXACTLY
:thumbup::beerme: