PDA

View Full Version : Reds/Blue Jays Trade Speculation

savafan
07-19-2011, 08:00 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/772783-mlb-trade-rumors-cincinnati-reds-and-toronto-blue-jays-on-verge-of-blockbuster

Players mentioned on the Reds side include Donnie Joseph and Yonder Alonso and on the Blue Jays side, Jason Frasor, Zach Stewart, Brett Cecil and Kyle Drabek.

Raisor
07-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I think you might be reading a bit more into that then there is.

savafan
07-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I think you might be reading a bit more into that then there is.

Oh, I know it's speculation on the part of the author, but I'm throwing it out there.

Raisor
07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh, I know it's speculation on the part of the author, but I'm throwing it out there.

it's a bit of a misleading subject line.

cinreds21
07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Very.

savafan
07-19-2011, 08:08 PM
it's a bit of a misleading subject line.

That's the name of the article, I didn't pull it out of my butt.

cinreds21
07-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Then it's very bad reporting on the writer.

Slyder
07-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I would see an irony/humor in the Reds getting Stewart back in a deal. LOL.

07-19-2011, 08:13 PM
This is where Spanish punctuation works best. ? At the beginning of a question so readers know what to expect.

savafan
07-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Then it's very bad reporting on the writer.

Why, there's a "?" there, which means the writer isn't claiming anything is a fact. Geez, we take what we do here too seriously sometimes. Remember, this is a fan message board, not a top 5 National media conglomerate.

Sure, my BABOOP (batting average based on other posters) isn't at the same level as what many here on the ORG like to claim these days, but at least I can recall when we had fun and interesting discussions, and that's what I'd like to see a little more of.

Oxilon
07-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Bleacher Report? Don't fans make those articles?

Patrick Bateman
You can do that without misleading and non-sensical subject lines.

cinreds21
Why, there's a "?" there, which means the writer isn't claiming anything is a fact. Geez, we take what we do here too seriously sometimes. Remember, this is a fan message board, not a top 5 National media conglomerate.

Sure, my BABOOP (batting average based on other posters) isn't at the same level as what many here on the ORG like to claim these days, but at least I can recall when we had fun and interesting discussions, and that's what I'd like to see a little more of.

I agree with that, but in this case, the original writer, Jeff Wahl, took a "Reds may be interested in Frasor" and flipped it into his own fantasy trade article. The title is very misleading. Even with the ? I see it as something he had heard and it may happen. His article is nothing more than horrible speculation on his part. I'm not hating on you for posting the article, I'm just mad that he wrote it like that.

Also, is BABOOP real? Can someone calculate mine? :)

cinreds21
07-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Bleacher Report? Don't fans make those articles?

I can do better than that. Damn.

savafan
07-19-2011, 08:20 PM

I don't know how to calculate it, but I'd say yours is pretty high. :D

cinreds21
07-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Yay! haha

Mainspark
07-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I've quit monitoring Bleacher Report; it appears to just be its creator's suggestions for trades, with no indications of any communication with inside sources - or probably any sources at all.
I frequently do a "Google News" search on the words "reds trade" to see if anything is brewing. Unfortunately, it includes Bleacher Report as a legitimate source. I'll see a headline indicating a big trade is imminent, then see the source of the info and realize it's nothing at all,

nemesis
07-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Wish there was some merit to the article. For one it gives the Reds the pieces to go get Ubaldo. Two, it keeps 1B in Toronto occupied for 6 years... ;)

Mario-Rijo
07-19-2011, 08:26 PM
I agree with that, but in this case, the original writer, Jeff Wahl, took a "Reds may be interested in Frasor" and flipped it into his own fantasy trade article. The title is very misleading. Even with the ? I see it as something he had heard and it may happen. His article is nothing more than horrible speculation on his part. I'm not hating on you for posting the article, I'm just mad that he wrote it like that.

I see it as something he is trying to turn into a story. He seems to have a major affinity for Alonso and is trying desperately to create a buzz to make those with the power consider a deal for him. An extreme longshot at best here, I don't really see much of a match. I didn't see Drabeks name in there and I doubt I would. Bautista isn't likely to be dealt and neither is Escobar so nothing to see here.

savafan
07-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Two, it keeps 1B in Toronto occupied for 6 years... ;)

That's an excellent angle that I didn't even think of. :)

mdccclxix
07-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Bleacher Report is not just worthless, it should be ignored 100% of the time.

membengal
07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Seriously, bleacher report is just anyone who has a keyboard typing stuff in. It has no more credibility than, say, a krusty trade thread. With apologies to krusty.

cinreds21
07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I agree Mario.

And Spark, maybe I should join Bleecher Report and give them some good, quality, factual stuff on there. :)

reds44
07-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Oh not bleacher report.

Slyder
07-19-2011, 08:36 PM
I agree Mario.

And Spark, maybe I should join Bleecher Report and give them some good, quality, factual stuff on there. :)

Lets flood it with stuff from the Reds perspective :lol:.

I don't think we're a fit with the Jays with Alonso unless we figure out a way to get them to trade Batista... which isn't going to happen.

Raisor
07-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Seriously, bleacher report is just anyone who has a keyboard typing stuff in. It has no more credibility than, say, a krono trade thread. With apologies to krono.

do you mean krusty? Krono only drinks apple juice and makes snarky comments.

Like me.

membengal
07-19-2011, 08:38 PM
do you mean krusty? Krono only drinks apple juice and makes snarky comments.

Like me.

Rats. Yes, Krusty.

Mixed up my "k" named Redszone members...

cinreds21
07-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Lets flood it with stuff from the Reds perspective :lol:.

I don't think we're a fit with the Jays with Alonso unless we figure out a way to get them to trade Batista... which isn't going to happen.

I'd definitely do a better job then some of those rookies. I don't know if you could even consider them rookies, they're just brutal.

Tom Servo
07-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Bleacher Report is not just worthless, it should be ignored 100% of the time.
This.

Ghosts of 1990
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
It's Bleacher Report. Don't read it.