PDA

View Full Version : Im enjoying George and the Mayor announcing.

AintlifeGrande
07-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Casey has gotten alot better,cut back on the laughing every other minute.George is the "nicest man in sports" as I call him.Its just nice for a change to hear a ball game called without the announcers trying to breakdown every play ,as well as criticize the players when they commit a mistake.

mroby85
07-19-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm glad someone is, lol.

bshall2105
07-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I do agree that Casey has improved a ton since he called the first series.

BurgervilleBuck
07-19-2011, 08:41 PM
More Mayor, less thom.

jwmann2
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I like the Mayor too, seems like a great guy. Welsh is always positive, don't care too much for Thom. And obviously Marty is the radio king. Don't think Sean will do it full time though because he has young kids.

Old NDN
07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Casey seems to be a wonderful guy with plenty of stories. Just too much stammering for me. Way too distracting. I really enjoy Grande.

Moonlite Graham
07-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Oh please just make it stop......

the pollyanna sweetness and light approach along with the constant chatter about nothing relevant make me yearn for the cynicism of Thom or just the straightforward approach of Kelch.

I know Casey is doing both of the Reds other trips into Pittsburgh, but hopefully this is "last roundup time" for Georgie.

It almost makes me wish the Reds would be officially out of it by the next time Casey's in the booth so I just dont have to endure it.

Jr's Boy
07-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Oh please just make it stop......

the pollyanna sweetness and light approach along with the constant chatter about nothing relevant make me yearn for the cynicism of Thom or just the straightforward approach of Kelch.

I know Casey is doing both of the Reds other trips into Pittsburgh, but hopefully this is "last roundup time" for Georgie.

It almost makes me wish the Reds would be officially out of it by the next time Casey's in the booth so I just dont have to endure it.

Chill out man,it's going to be ok.

BAKER12
07-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Anyone but Thom is pleasant
Dread the games he is broadcasting, is the guy ever happy?

mlh1981
07-21-2011, 06:40 PM
I think I'm the only guy who think that Thom Brenneman is a fantastic announcer. He shares in our frustrations.

Go ahead, flame away, but Thom is the man.

I think Casey is a good dude, but I don't need a bunch of stories that have nothing to do with current game.

KYRedLeg
07-21-2011, 07:17 PM
I think I'm the only guy who think that Thom Brenneman is a fantastic announcer. He shares in our frustrations.

Go ahead, flame away, but Thom is the man.

I think Casey is a good dude, but I don't need a bunch of stories that have nothing to do with current game.

You're not alone. Thom is my first choice for the TV broadcast.

mikemo14
07-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I can take a little bit of Grande, but a three game series is about all I want. Casey is o.k. Fun. The Cowboy is excellent on tv. I think him and Thom together are my favorites. That being said I hate the Cowboy doing play-by-play on radio. He has to be one of the worst in the league.

bshall2105
07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
I miss Paul Keels.:(

Moonlite Graham
07-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I think we need to come up with a drinking game the next time Georgie and Casey are in the booth.

One shot for everytime they mention Skyline.

We'd all be checking ourselves into a 12 step program after a 3 game series.

AintlifeGrande
07-21-2011, 10:01 PM
QUOTE=Moonlite Graham;2444140]I think we need to come up with a drinking game the next time Georgie and Casey are in the booth.

We'd all be checking ourselves into a 12 step program after a 3 game series.[/QUOTE]

:laugh:So true there.

DocRed
07-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Much better than thomas and welsh

jhiller21
07-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Thom and Welsh are my first choices for TV.

It's kind of nice to have Grande, Casey, and Brantley in the booth once in a while though.

Casey has gotten better, and George is still George... good in small doses.

One thing (after listening to/watching hundreds of other MLB games this year) the Reds have some of the best announcers in radio and TV.

George has perfected one thing over the years, he makes losing a lot happier.

bounty37h
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I think we need to come up with a drinking game the next time Georgie and Casey are in the booth.

We'd all be checking ourselves into a 12 step program after a 3 game series.

Withthe way this team has played, most of us will need a 12 step program after watching any 3 game series no matter who is calling em.