PDA

View Full Version : Today is a "Must Win"

LoganBuck
07-20-2011, 06:48 AM
I can't see how that is an unavoidable fact for the future of this season. A loss drops them to six out, and makes the math really ugly for jumping three other teams in the standings. They would have to play nearly .667 ball for the rest of the season, assuming the others stay on their current pace.

I know we don't like to throw out the phrase "must win", but I just don't see any good scenario that involves the Reds going to six games out.

cumberlandreds
07-20-2011, 07:54 AM
I thought last night was a must win. I believe they are pretty much dead at this point. A miracle can always happen but hightly doubtful with this team. They can't win two in a row much less 7 or 8.

Redsfan320
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Dusty's putting the A-team out there for this "must win". :rolleyes: Just go check out the game thread. :facepalm:

Reds/Flyers Fan
07-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Forget must-win ... this game is a must-score.

If they get shutout again today, well ...

Johnny Footstool
07-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Today's game means exactly as much as the other 161 this season.

vaticanplum
07-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Today's game means exactly as much as the other 161 this season.

Meh, I don't know if it means the same as a late September game when the Reds are out of it (or, less likely, chasing being in it).

The Voice of IH
07-20-2011, 02:03 PM
This really would a nice win for the Reds. The thing to take away from this series is that though the Reds really did play well, they only lost a game in a marathon season. 4 games with 64 to go is not that bad at all.

They will be fine.

The Voice of IH
07-20-2011, 02:06 PM
And lets not forget, the pitching has really turned it on this second half. The first time around they performed really well, and Cueto has started off the second time nicely.

Reds1
07-20-2011, 02:30 PM
I agree about the must win. I was talking with a buddy of mine that going 6 out with playing Atlanta, Mets, and SF. 6 out or 4 out makes a big differece. If they can get confidence and fight throught he next 3 series it gets a lot prettier for the Reds as far as schedule goes. August goes like this: Houston, Cubs, Colorado, SD, Wash, Pitt, FL, Wash again, and finally Phil. There season will be won or lost in this month. If they can't beat these type of teams then this year will be lost. I won't list, but Sept schedule looks pretty favorable too! Go Reds - Up 3-1 as I write.

alexad
07-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Another loss today and the bags are packed for the off season to begin. This team needs a major shake up NOW!! They have to put a streak together. But they need help.

RedsManRick
07-20-2011, 03:44 PM
So glad that we weren't eliminated from the race today.

wolfboy
07-20-2011, 03:52 PM
So glad that we weren't eliminated from the race today.

1. Beat Pirates today.
2. ???
3. Win division.
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/characters/non-human/underpants-gnomes.jpg