PDA

View Full Version : Reds All-Stars since the break

mbgrayson
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
In the 6 games since the All-Star break (I know, small sample size), the four Reds players who went to Phoenix are all under-performing.

Phillips: .053/.100/.211 for an OPS of .311, with 1 HR.
Votto: .217/.240/.304 for an OPS of .544, with 0 HRs.
Bruce: .235/.381/.235 for an OPS of .616, with 0 HRs.
Rolen: .273/.333/.364 for an OPS of .697 with 0 HRs.

It makes me wonder whether the team wouldn't have been better served by not having these four selected. Rest might have done them all more good than going to Phoenix and playing. I am glad they get today off, and hopefully soon they will all retrun to form.

With these four slumping in the last week, it is no accident that the Reds haven't been scoring many runs. Who would have expected that in a three game road trip to Pittsburgh, if our pitchers gave up a total of four runs in three games, that we would lose two of three.

Reds1
07-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Phillips 1 HR was a big one though. I guess being .500 with those stats isn't too bad.

Ghosts of 1990
07-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Bruce needs another big month to make this a legitimate season for him. Other than the monstrous May he's been really poor. Hopefully yesterday was the start of great things. A couple line drives and a few base on balls.... maybe a good sign of things to come. I'm still waiting on Bruce to be the player we heard he would be.

Not worried about Votto at all. He'll get his. Same with Phillips. They'll produce like they always have.

Rolen is winding down. I think his above production should be expected for the second half. And it's hard to really lump him in and call him an All-Star as the other three somewhat earned the trip. Rolen was just kind of there and a questionable selection.