PDA

View Full Version : What will be your view on Walt and Bob

brm7675
07-22-2011, 05:42 PM
When July 30th rolls around and the Reds make no "serious" moves to improve the roster. Sure they deal Ramon for a couple AA "prospects" and maybe deal Gomes for a single A prospect and do nothing else except calling ups a couple of players from AAA in Sept. How will you view the GM and owner then? Did they do the right thing by NOT dealing away our talent, or are we again bound to be middle of the road type team with our hope on the youngsters making us better?

mroby85
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
When July 30th rolls around and the Reds make no "serious" moves to improve the roster. Sure they deal Ramon for a couple AA "prospects" and maybe deal Gomes for a single A prospect and do nothing else except calling ups a couple of players from AAA in Sept. How will you view the GM and owner then? Did they do the right thing by NOT dealing away our talent, or are we again bound to be middle of the road type team with our hope on the youngsters making us better?

My opinion will remain the same if they do nothing. My opinion is that they aren't a very pro-active front office. They'd rather wait on things and hope they come to them, rather than be aggressive and try to make it happen.

R_Webb18
07-22-2011, 06:26 PM
i dont think they sit back and wait i just dont think there gonna give them up for nothing and to make a move just to make a move.

lidspinner
07-22-2011, 06:27 PM
I really cannot answer that question without seeing what other teams give up to get Beltran,Jimenez,Shields, etc......

if other teams are giving up junk to get a rental of Beltran and paying zero salary then yes I will be pissed....if someone gives up the weaker equivalent to Yonder,Wood and Grandal to get shields then yes I will be ticked.....

this team needs to look at the 3 year window....if they can make the playoffs 2-3 times these next 3 years then we will sell out most home games again and it will put us in a great spot to sign Votto long term.... the time is now, i am tired of waiting on prospects and then not calling them up when they need to be called up.

tobttr
07-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Well,since you asked, my opinion will be that Walt & Bob have done a nice job of making this team respectable. What we are seeing this year is pretty much what I expected last season...a decent team with some holes, but a team nonetheless on the uptick. Maybe the Reds were just lucky that things went so well last year.
I'm not at all satisfied with the way the '11 season has gone thus far, but I imagine we can all remember lots of seasons in the very recent past where the Reds were sellers at this time of year and had precious little to offer much of anybody (and absolutely NO pitching talent anywhere). Walt & Bob have apparently fixed that problem and despite the disappointing season so far this year, they do deserve credit for bringing this team as far as they have.

nux fan
07-23-2011, 09:35 PM
they have no chance this year, what reasonable team can not win two games in a row for over one month

AintlifeGrande
07-23-2011, 10:17 PM
My view is,alot of great expectations with the fans after coming off a successful 2010 campaign,only to be let down by management's refusal to address the offensive issue's in the off season.Really sad because the good people of Cincinnati,as well as Reds Nation feel duped,after we were promised a winner by ownership.I dont know if Jocketty was economically handcuffed by Castellini,after trying to get said player or players after the season.
Or if he was ignorant enough to believe we were going to repeat last year's magic with the same team.If it's of the latter,then look forward to another lost decade.

Stray
07-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't think I'll really judge them on how this trade deadline goes down. We're not really 'in it' but we're not really out of it either. We're in the tweener zone where selling the farm for a rental is a huge risk.

Old NDN
07-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't think I'll really judge them on how this trade deadline goes down. We're not really 'in it' but we're not really out of it either. We're in the tweener zone where selling the farm for a rental is a huge risk.

True. But are the Reds close enough to take the chance? I think so. Funny how most of us fans (me included) hailed the hiring of Walt as the savior of the club, are now the very ones who are upset over his inaction to improve this team.

bigredmechanism
07-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I will be upset if no moves are made, but like every other year where nothing happened, I'll still watch.

Come next March I will be convinced yet again that we're going to the WS.

Old NDN
07-24-2011, 01:03 PM
:beerme:
I will be upset if no moves are made, but like every other year where nothing happened, I'll still watch.

Come next March I will be convinced yet again that we're going to the WS.

:beerme:

markymark69
07-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I will still be a Reds gan and root like the dickens for them every game. I will still think alot of Walt and Bob, no matter what happens. This front office definitely has this team going in the right direction - and are light years ahead of the Linder regime. Please don't forget that.

mlh1981
07-24-2011, 01:37 PM
We got a window here, and I'd like to take advantage of it. This city doesn't get the chance to see too many winners. I wasn't born during the Big Red Machine era, and I was a kid during the 1990 season. This generation needs a team of their own. As much as I love and respect the history of this organization of days gone by (relatively speaking), I'm tired of the stories. Time to make new ones.

We are in a somewhat weak division. Go for it, Walt and Bob!

defender
07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I am pretty certian there will be a move. The Reds are still in the race and are also doing well with attendence. A rental could pay off in revenue, even if the Reds fall short, or they could get a guy like Shields to help the next few years. There are also plenty of prospects to trade. I don't see a well thought out long term strategy that does not involve a move. So, I guess the answer is, I would be disapointed if nothing happens.

BluegrassRedleg
07-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I'll be upset if no move is made. But I also have a deep fear that they'll overextend and give up too much for some middle-of-the-road chump who doesn't put them over the top.

If they're gong to do it, swing for the fences.

bshall2105
07-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I will be more happy if the Reds do not make a move. I think this team is built for 2012 or 2013 and they just arrived a little early.

I would like to see them hang on to Mesoraco and Alonso and then trade Votto in 2013. By then some of the veterans contracts will be gone and hopefully we have some money available to add a free agent in his prime to go with our young core.

RedsFanInBama
07-24-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm in favor of whatever move will get the OP to stop cluttering the boards with the same posts over and over. We get it. Dusty's horrible. The front office is horrible.

bshall2105
07-24-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm in favor of whatever move will get the OP to stop cluttering the boards with the same posts over and over. We get it. Dusty's horrible. The front office is horrible.

He's been doing it since I joined, and honestly even though most of his opinions are ridiculous the board would be dead without him so I don't really care.